Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2009, 02:59 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,385,663 times

Advertisements

What a blow out. At the weigh-in, Pacman just looked stronger, more compact. Hatton looked slim, not as power-packed. I think Hatton is done at this weight, and his attempts to make the weight are likely to sap his strength. Hatton appears to be on the down slide now, capitalizing on his name and reputation to secure those big fights and big money here in the states. His perogative of course, but he slams his own legacy looking so overmatched.

I didn't think Hatton would go out so fast. He might've sustained a concussion, which would have a huge impact on his ability to take a punch to the head in future fights...something to keep in mind.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 10:12 PM

2,071 posts, read 6,696,707 times
Default Scary KO

Good call on the concussion and future fights! In my opinion he's done! That was a scary KO!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexus View Post
What a blow out. At the weigh-in, Pacman just looked stronger, more compact. Hatton looked slim, not as power-packed. I think Hatton is done at this weight, and his attempts to make the weight are likely to sap his strength. Hatton appears to be on the down slide now, capitalizing on his name and reputation to secure those big fights and big money here in the states. His perogative of course, but he slams his own legacy looking so overmatched.

I didn't think Hatton would go out so fast. He might've sustained a concussion, which would have a huge impact on his ability to take a punch to the head in future fights...something to keep in mind.

Old 05-03-2009, 11:22 PM

715 posts, read 2,087,175 times
POWER, SPEED & ACCURACY in full motion.

Even in slowmo, still looks lightningly fast. Just look at that sudden shake of hattons head when it says hello to Manny's left.

YouTube - Ricky Hatton knocked out by Manny Pacquiao

1st round punchfest..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YWc1...eature=related

Last edited by GracieJJ; 05-03-2009 at 11:32 PM..

Old 05-04-2009, 09:14 AM

10,545 posts, read 13,585,253 times
I thought Pacquiao would win, but I didn't expect that.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:15 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
http://i43.tinypic.com/wbqw3t.gif < GIF of the KO

you can actually see the ripple from the impact of pac's punch through hatton's face and hair.

Old 05-04-2009, 12:51 PM

177 posts, read 381,520 times
I cant wait for the maywheather vs pacquaio fight...

Old 05-04-2009, 06:55 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackTheRipper View Post
Floyd is talking so much crap.

He beat Hatton at 147 (which was way too much for Hatton)
Pacquiao beats Hatton in his BEST WEIGHT which ricky was underfeated.

Floyd should keep his mouth shut or else Pac will decorate his face.
The issue with Pretty Boy is he doesnt like to fight and mix it up... if he did, I have no doubt he would have knocked Hatton out early as well... but can he withstand the pressure of Pac and what's his chin like? Those are the two big questions.

Old 05-04-2009, 06:56 PM

1,655 posts, read 3,247,198 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieJJ View Post
Makes me laugh how delajoya went onto the side of the brit to promote this fight, looks to me he's bitter and stuckup about being beaten by a Filipino, if he's still in doubt then perhaps he should come out of retirement and train his hardest so he cant come out with his BS excuses of the outcome being different if he was in his prime. I bet delajoya and mayweather snr is blowing sunshine up jnr's @ss to come face Manny. They are that much bitter. Looooosserrrrsss!!!
?? I thought Pac was signed to Golden Boy?

Old 05-04-2009, 08:32 PM

5,528 posts, read 7,493,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsmoove View Post
The issue with Pretty Boy is he doesnt like to fight and mix it up... if he did, I have no doubt he would have knocked Hatton out early as well... but can he withstand the pressure of Pac and what's his chin like? Those are the two big questions.
Pretty boy has a good chin in the 140's lbs.
he took good shots from Judah and never went down.

Old 05-05-2009, 02:07 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,395,465 times
I want to see how mayweather looks against Marquez- honestly I think floyd should have 2 tuner fights before stepping into the ring with Pacquiao
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing