Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2009, 05:10 PM

12,974 posts, read 33,965,351 times

Advertisements

Anyone else see this on ESPN today?

WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko to meet Kevin Johnson Dec. 12 - ESPN

Vitali is scheduled to DEFEND THE WBC TITLE to Kevin Johnson? Kevin Johnson? WTH??? Why does this guy get a title shot? I just cant believe it.

I refused to think that boxing is dying, but when they pull sh*t like this it definitely leaves a bad taste. Kevin "WTF" Johnson? I mean really.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2009, 08:12 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,398,446 times
lol WTF is a Kevin Johnson??? Too funny

Old 10-22-2009, 08:21 AM

1,196 posts, read 2,935,273 times
Kevin Johnson as opposed to who? Hasim Rahman, Larry Holmes, Samuel Peter, or any other sorry schlub they can pick up at a bar?

The talent pool in HW division is very limited!

Old 10-23-2009, 09:06 AM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Yeah, at this point I don't think it matters who fights for the titel at HW, there is no talent out there. You will see some heavily hyped fights taking place in order to generate interest with the public until some real talent comes along in the HW division.

Old 10-24-2009, 08:23 AM

1,483 posts, read 3,308,658 times
Default Kevin Johnson?

You know this is a bad match when the champion has to substantiate his opponent by stating he has championship characteristics via ESPN.

I saw this guy fight before, he has fast hands but no power. His knockouts come from a cumulation of punches which means he has to get close. The only way, I see him winning this fight is by punching and running, continously. If he stands there for exchanges this fight is over, immediately.

Of course, I don't like this fight so I would title it another scam fight because by my checks this guy is ranked 13 in the world. Geesh, the ranking is pretty bad but why couldn't he pick Tua at 12. Maybe this is product of the Klitz dominance or the division just plain sucks. My fellow boxing fans, I would NOT do PPV especially for the Heavyweights, for at least a year.

Last edited by jbub22; 10-24-2009 at 08:24 AM.. Reason: error

Old 10-26-2009, 12:33 PM

10,172 posts, read 20,786,996 times
Just for the freakshow factor I'd like to see one of the Klits fight Valuev.

Old 10-27-2009, 09:55 AM

1,639 posts, read 5,101,079 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbub22 View Post
You know this is a bad match when the champion has to substantiate his opponent by stating he has championship characteristics via ESPN.

I saw this guy fight before, he has fast hands but no power. His knockouts come from a cumulation of punches which means he has to get close. The only way, I see him winning this fight is by punching and running, continously. If he stands there for exchanges this fight is over, immediately.

Of course, I don't like this fight so I would title it another scam fight because by my checks this guy is ranked 13 in the world. Geesh, the ranking is pretty bad but why couldn't he pick Tua at 12. Maybe this is product of the Klitz dominance or the division just plain sucks. My fellow boxing fans, I would NOT do PPV especially for the Heavyweights, for at least a year.
Because he has some sense. No way is he gonna take a chance on a power hitter like Tua with all those tomato cans lying around.

Old 11-08-2009, 12:46 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,391,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaoTzuMindFu View Post
Anyone else see this on ESPN today?

WBC heavyweight champion Vitali Klitschko to meet Kevin Johnson Dec. 12 - ESPN

Vitali is scheduled to DEFEND THE WBC TITLE to Kevin Johnson? Kevin Johnson? WTH??? Why does this guy get a title shot? I just cant believe it.

I refused to think that boxing is dying, but when they pull sh*t like this it definitely leaves a bad taste. Kevin "WTF" Johnson? I mean really.
LOL! Yeah, really WhoTF is Kevin Johnson? Guess he's the modern version of the "Bum of the Month." Like when Smokin Joe Frazier fought Terry Daniels or Ali fought Jean-Pierre Coopman or Lennox Lews fought some guy named Phil Jackson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Sports > Boxing