Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 07:32 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,685,494 times

Advertisements

I am taking an unexpected trip to Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island and Palm Bay next Friday and Saturday. I usually don't travel down to Florida this time of the year, with so much going on in my native NY. But it just worked its way out and the opportunity arouse. So here I come.

Any Events or other "must see/do's" in Brevard during the holiday season? I heard of candle light shopping in downtown Melbourne on Friday or Saturday nights as something to check out. I believe I will miss the Cocoa Beach parade. I am open to suggestions for some local holiday Florida flavor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2015, 09:02 PM

3,978 posts, read 8,180,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
I am taking an unexpected trip to Cocoa Beach, Merritt Island and Palm Bay next Friday and Saturday. I usually don't travel down to Florida this time of the year, with so much going on in my native NY. But it just worked its way out and the opportunity arouse. So here I come.

Any Events or other "must see/do's" in Brevard during the holiday season? I heard of candle light shopping in downtown Melbourne on Friday or Saturday nights as something to check out. I believe I will miss the Cocoa Beach parade. I am open to suggestions for some local holiday Florida flavor.
Might want to check out

The boaat parade is next week!
Cocoa Beach Christmas Boat Parade - CocoaBeach.com - Cocoa Beach, Florida, Family Vacation Guide, Cocoa Beach hotels, attractions, restaurants, events, rocket launches and more!

Festival of Lights in Wickham Park in North Melbourne
Space Coast Lightfest | Your incredible Christmas light drivethrough

Melbourne Light Parade
23rd Annual Melbourne Light Parade - Event

A little farther to drive but Titusville has their Let it Snow night in Downtown Titusville.
2015 Let It Snow Downtown Street Party - Titusville, Florida

There is also a Christmas Bazaar in Melbourne Auditorium on Sunday
Space Coast Christmas Bazaar in Melbourne, FL - Dec 13, 2015 12:00 PM | Eventful

Cocoa has the Holiday Festival and Snow Slide on the 12th
Cocoa's Annual Holiday Festival & Snow Slide - CocoaBeach.com - Cocoa Beach, Florida, Family Vacation Guide, Cocoa Beach hotels, attractions, restaurants, events, rocket launches and more!

Old 12-05-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
Might want to check out

The boaat parade is next week!
Cocoa Beach Christmas Boat Parade - CocoaBeach.com - Cocoa Beach, Florida, Family Vacation Guide, Cocoa Beach hotels, attractions, restaurants, events, rocket launches and more!

Festival of Lights in Wickham Park in North Melbourne
Space Coast Lightfest | Your incredible Christmas light drivethrough

Melbourne Light Parade
23rd Annual Melbourne Light Parade - Event

A little farther to drive but Titusville has their Let it Snow night in Downtown Titusville.
2015 Let It Snow Downtown Street Party - Titusville, Florida

There is also a Christmas Bazaar in Melbourne Auditorium on Sunday
Space Coast Christmas Bazaar in Melbourne, FL - Dec 13, 2015 12:00 PM | Eventful

Cocoa has the Holiday Festival and Snow Slide on the 12th
Cocoa's Annual Holiday Festival & Snow Slide - CocoaBeach.com - Cocoa Beach, Florida, Family Vacation Guide, Cocoa Beach hotels, attractions, restaurants, events, rocket launches and more!
Thanks as always Rabflmom. Your wealth of information is invaluable. Unfortunately for me, I have to leave the area by 6:00PM on the 12th to catch my flight out of Orlando to go back home. That prevents me seeing a lot of this, especially the boat parade that I hear so much about every year. I will try to catch Wickham Park light show and maybe if time permits, the Downtown Titusville snow night since that is on the 11th. Good stuff. Thanks again.

Any food events on either Thursday night or Friday and Saturday during the day? Only there for two nights and barely two days...should have planned to come back on Sunday, who knew?...

Old 12-06-2015, 07:24 AM

232 posts, read 398,561 times
Nypafl4u, sorry to miss you on this trip. Maybe next time you're down. If you haven't ever been, The Island Bar & Grill is a fun little local watering hole that might be worth a visit for you on Friday evening. Mostly an older, local crowd this time of year. It's on the corner of the 520 and S. Banana River Dr., just east of the 7/11. They mix a great cocktail!

If anybody is interested in meeting up, we'll be watching the Cocoa Beach Boat Parade from the Sunset Bar & Grill in Cocoa Beach. Might be a fun City-Data "holiday meet-n-greet". If we can put a large enough group together, we might be able to reserve some water front tables.

Anybody?

Old 12-06-2015, 12:02 PM

I wish I could make the parade, I would definitely be there cinewman. I will keep the 11th in mind as it sound like my kind of crowd. I am in the "mid" part of life if you know what I mean...

Old 12-06-2015, 04:11 PM

2,747 posts, read 1,783,949 times
clnewman, I hope you have better luck at Sunset Bar than we did 4 years ago. We got there around 2 in the afternoon which worked out fine as we were able to get a spot at the bar no problem, but it filled up quick and got quite congested between the bar and the tables on the water side. Couldn't see anything sitting down. I got up to go to the men's room and someone tried to take my seat even though my wife told him I would be right back (he quickly moved when I got back as I'm considerably bigger and younger than he way). It was also impossible to get a drink by the time the parade started since the bartenders were slammed it was that crowded.

Hopefully you have a better experience.

Old 12-06-2015, 07:52 PM

12,017 posts, read 14,333,584 times
Wickham rd was backed up for miles in both directions Sat night with cars trying to get in to Wickham park....hopefully it was worth it for those people

Old 12-07-2015, 06:59 AM

232 posts, read 398,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
I wish I could make the parade, I would definitely be there cinewman. I will keep the 11th in mind as it sound like my kind of crowd. I am in the "mid" part of life if you know what I mean...
I know exactly what you mean It's a fun place... not too rowdy, nor does it tend to be full of drunks. They have live music that starts around 7PM. The bands tend to be ok... nobody spectacular, but no cover charge, either. We might come down on the 11th, if my wife is getting around better after foot surgery. Look for an old bald guy with a large grey fu manchu moustache accompanied by a lady hobbling around on crutches and a boot on her left foot.

Boat Parade: The Sunset was just an idea determined by geography (close to home and close to the parade start). We're open to any ideas that don't involve standing for hours on end. My wife won't be able to do it.

Old 12-07-2015, 03:29 PM

2,747 posts, read 1,783,949 times
FYI - thread from a local facebook group with thoughts on where to watch the boat parade.

Where are some good places to watch the boat parade in Cocoa beach for those who do not live on the water? Thank you!

Comments
Behind the churches on A1A

Sunset

What churches? Do you guys know where I can find the map of it? didn't realize you could see from Sunset Cafe. thank you

Sunset Cafe will be packed.
Escambia and church just south of there.

You can also watch from the causeway. Kells is offering free parking because they are so awesome!

Old 12-08-2015, 04:45 AM

8,005 posts, read 7,226,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clnewman View Post
Look for an old bald guy with a large grey fu manchu moustache accompanied by a lady hobbling around on crutches and a boot on her left foot.
You just put a few dozen Cocoa Beach guys on the watch list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County