Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County
 [Register]
Brevard County Space Coast: Palm Bay, Melbourne, Titusville area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-02-2016, 12:32 PM

12 posts, read 18,351 times

Advertisements

We are looking to move to Brevard County in order for my husband to be closer to his job and also for us to be closer to the beach. We are new to Florida & currently live in the Avalon Park section of Orlando and while it's nice, it's not quite the place for us (mainly b/c of distance to beach). We have 3 kids under 6 and are looking for a nice family friendly area with lots to do, preferably no more than 15-20min from beach-single family homes with decent sized yards. Great rated schools elementary through high school also a must as we intend to live here long term. Our budget is up to $350,000. Please advise what areas we should check out! We plan to go drive around next weekend. Also, if anyone can recommend a great Brevard realtor, that would be very helpful! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2016, 08:44 AM

249 posts, read 883,316 times
Suntree/Viera

Old 04-03-2016, 10:47 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,181,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateg06 View Post
We are looking to move to Brevard County in order for my husband to be closer to his job and also for us to be closer to the beach. We are new to Florida & currently live in the Avalon Park section of Orlando and while it's nice, it's not quite the place for us (mainly b/c of distance to beach). We have 3 kids under 6 and are looking for a nice family friendly area with lots to do, preferably no more than 15-20min from beach-single family homes with decent sized yards. Great rated schools elementary through high school also a must as we intend to live here long term. Our budget is up to $350,000. Please advise what areas we should check out! We plan to go drive around next weekend. Also, if anyone can recommend a great Brevard realtor, that would be very helpful! Thanks!
What town does your husband work in? Might want to consider beachside.

Old 04-03-2016, 11:42 AM

23 posts, read 43,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC49 View Post
Suntree/Viera
Seconded: zoo, baseball, library, dining, shopping, healthcare, proximity to beaches and I-95, good schools (avoid McNair, though), and great neighborhoods, especially in Suntree and Viera East.

Old 04-03-2016, 03:15 PM

1,180 posts, read 1,686,403 times
I am partial to Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach with Satellite Beach in there or good measure. I prefer some of the older builds which may have larger yards and property than some of the newer builds in the Viera sections. But you can't go wrong with any of it. Just different "feeling" neighborhoods.

Feel free to DM me for a good realtor or two.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nypafl4u View Post
I am partial to Merritt Island and Cocoa Beach with Satellite Beach in there or good measure. I prefer some of the older builds which may have larger yards and property than some of the newer builds in the Viera sections. But you can't go wrong with any of it. Just different "feeling" neighborhoods.
Haven't seen much in Cocoa Beach listed under 350,000. As for Merritt, we have driven around and while we have no problem with older homes, saw a lot of run down areas which I wasn't thrilled with. Perhaps you could recommend a particular area? However, I do agree there isn't much yard to be found in Viera either which is a bummer. I suppose we can't have the best of both worlds.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rabflmom View Post
What town does your husband work in? Might want to consider beachside.
He is in sales and drives around for his job so we arent set on a particular area. Just the best part of Brevard to raise our kids.

Old 04-04-2016, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMC49 View Post
Suntree/Viera
Any particular neighborhoods anyone recommends? We did a little bit of driving around yesterday and it seemed the houses were very close together with little to no yard space (particularly those with pools which we Would like). I really would like a halfway decent sized yard space for the kids and dog to be able to run and play in. Do the more expensive homes have larger lots?

Old 04-04-2016, 07:26 AM

24 posts, read 19,986 times
Merritt Island:
Sykes Cove - large lots, park with playground and tennis courts, 5 minutes from the beeline
South Merritt Island - many older nice neighborhoods, and newer ones

Old 04-04-2016, 08:58 AM

3,978 posts, read 8,181,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kateg06 View Post
He is in sales and drives around for his job so we arent set on a particular area. Just the best part of Brevard to raise our kids.
Then I would say check out South Brevard areas. Most areas require 1/2-1/3 acre lots and you can still find 1/2 and acre+ lots in some area so even with a pool you have 20 ft at least back from street in front and some room in the back to play unless you choose the newer town house looking neighborhoods that went up in 2000-2006 where you can shake hands through the windows with your neighbors.

Usually from the larger lots you will have to drive to get to everything but well worth the drive or the room. many areas you can even have horses if your lot is big enough.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Brevard County