Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2019, 08:15 PM

200 posts, read 174,989 times

Advertisements

Beware of W.Va. Now that they can frack at an angle and people don't have the legal rights to what's under their land it's become a hellhole for people living there, especially northern W.Va. You couldn't pay me to move there and risk living in frack-town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2019, 09:12 PM

2,899 posts, read 1,869,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseSky View Post
Beware of W.Va. Now that they can frack at an angle and people don't have the legal rights to what's under their land it's become a hellhole for people living there, especially northern W.Va. You couldn't pay me to move there and risk living in frack-town.
I'm not actively looking there...but if a great offer fell out of the sky I would consider it. I have other locations I'm targeting as being more ideal to what I want and am looking for

Old 02-10-2019, 04:56 PM

1,891 posts, read 3,448,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TurquoiseSky View Post

Good advice. When I drove through and stayed the weekend in the northern tier of PA in late '15 people were upset with the fracking. I'd stay away from the poorer parts of Appalachia.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:23 PM

101 posts, read 127,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
He's totally right

NY State politics do suck. They have ruined this state.

I badly want to leave because of it. I'm actively beginning my exploration to relocate to a better political climate.

It's a Shame because I'm very happy in my Town. I like my friends and neighbors, my job is ok, some of my family is here but I've made my decision and I'm done with this state.

Insane taxes
Political corruption on an epic scale
The unconstitutional NY safe act
Intolerant governor
Non stop far left policies
Legalized full term abortion
Very anti gun political climate, just waiting for new unconstitutional laws.

Here's our jerk governors own words.

https://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2...-no-place-new/

I strongly strongly recommend Cleveland. I initially was commuting three hours one way for my job at the Cleveland Clinic, mainly because I didn’t want to leave. Then a few months ago, I finally did it.

You’re close enough to Buffalo that you can drive in easily to see friends and family, and hell you never get homesick because your so close. You can even drive to Wegmans in Erie, PA, one hour and a half away.

Politically, I’m a center left moderate, the states politucs ate center right IMO, although northeast Ohio in particular leans liberal, and In Fact, I think it’s a little more liberal than WNY, but not California or NYC liberal.

The region is also not the ***** to NYC like all of Upstate is.

Decent job market, and friendly people. And you retain waterfront access.

Old 02-14-2019, 09:47 AM

1,541 posts, read 1,677,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drinkthekoolaid View Post
I would LOVE north Idaho. Idaho is number one on my list followed by Montana number 2. They are also the least likely. I want to stay within driving distance of home for family purposes.

As much as I would love going to idaho / Montana/ Wyoming it's much more likely I will end up somewhere in the upland south. I've been looking at places like Knoxville, Chattanooga, Huntsville AL, Greenville SC, Lexington KY, Asheville NC .

Also similar to the inland NW I really like the northern Arkansas area. It fits the bill on Everything I'm looking for but it has the same issue it's probably just a little too far.

I'm looking into small/medium cities in red States.
Take a look into Lynchburg, VA too. The Blue Ridge Mountains are close and it's got a really young, chill vibe similar to Asheville.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJones17 View Post
Take a look into Lynchburg, VA too. The Blue Ridge Mountains are close and it's got a really young, chill vibe similar to Asheville.
I would love to except Virginia is being ruined by all the bureaucrats moving into northern VA outside DC. They have ruined and control the state now just like NYC does here.

Old 02-15-2019, 09:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttzakr87 View Post
I strongly strongly recommend Cleveland. I initially was commuting three hours one way for my job at the Cleveland Clinic, mainly because I didn’t want to leave. Then a few months ago, I finally did it.

You’re close enough to Buffalo that you can drive in easily to see friends and family, and hell you never get homesick because your so close. You can even drive to Wegmans in Erie, PA, one hour and a half away.

Politically, I’m a center left moderate, the states politucs ate center right IMO, although northeast Ohio in particular leans liberal, and In Fact, I think it’s a little more liberal than WNY, but not California or NYC liberal.

The region is also not the ***** to NYC like all of Upstate is.

Decent job market, and friendly people. And you retain waterfront access.

You make a lot of sense but I've decided that if I'm going to uproot my family it's going to be to an area of lower taxes and either a better climate or beautiful landscape or a combination of both.

Old 02-15-2019, 11:02 AM

275 posts, read 285,487 times
Already bought a house out west. Still have a change of seasons, like Idaho. Looking forward to moving in a couple of years and getting away from the taxes, weather and politics. Though I suspect I will never be completely happy with the politics no matter where I live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area