Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-01-2023, 07:52 AM

5,679 posts, read 4,081,937 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckhthankgod View Post
^The fan base is regional, but I think they are thinking local in terms of the workforce behind building the new stadium.
Yeah, I got that. What I'm talking about is how they are more than happy to take others money to go to a game and make Buffalo look good to the whole country. But when it comes to SHARING all that, the answer is always the same. NO!!!!

City of Good Neighbors????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2023, 08:06 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,896,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWRocks View Post
Yeah, I got that. What I'm talking about is how they are more than happy to take others money to go to a game and make Buffalo look good to the whole country. But when it comes to SHARING all that, the answer is always the same. NO!!!!

City of Good Neighbors????
Read this article I posted previously:

https://ublawsportsforum.com/2022/11...en-or-benefit/

Old 03-01-2023, 08:09 AM

50,244 posts, read 46,997,454 times
Quote:
^The fan base is regional, but I think they are thinking local in terms of the workforce behind building the new stadium.
Our entire County is still paying for a stadium UPGRADE and the team hasn't been here for years. Buyer beware.

Old 03-01-2023, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thundarr457 View Post
Read this article I posted previously:

https://ublawsportsforum.com/2022/11...en-or-benefit/
Yeah, the PLA adds $200 milion to the project. More money to support democrat politicians, as the unions give BIG. There's also the $100,000,000 to the cities east side. Somehow, the $1.3 billion to the region isn't enough. What about the people in Rochester, for instance, who only get to PAY. So there is $300 million taxPAYER money that adds not even one yard of concrete to the project.

Andrew Cuomo and Kathy Hochel have been Veeeeeeery good to Buffalo.

Old 03-01-2023, 09:42 AM

93,197 posts, read 123,783,345 times
Quote:
Yeah, the PLA adds $200 milion to the project. More money to support democrat politicians, as the unions give BIG. There's also the $100,000,000 to the cities east side. Somehow, the $1.3 billion to the region isn't enough. What about the people in Rochester, for instance, who only get to PAY. So there is $300 million taxPAYER money that adds not even one yard of concrete to the project.

Andrew Cuomo and Kathy Hochel have been Veeeeeeery good to Buffalo.
Then, if that is the case, what about the 15% or so of season ticket holders from Ontario/Canada?

Old 03-01-2023, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Our entire County is still paying for a stadium UPGRADE and the team hasn't been here for years. Buyer beware.
I understand what you are referring to and people have to be aware that a franchise can leave whenever they want to, but I think what helps the Bills is that people come from not only the immediate area, but from other areas of NY, PA and Ontario. It doesn't hurt that the NFL Commissioner is a WNY native as well. So, I think the dynamics here are a little bit different.

Old 03-01-2023, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Then, if that is the case, what about the 15% or so of season ticket holders from Ontario/Canada?
Yeah, what about them too? But their tax dollars aren't paying for it. The thing is, they really haven't regionalized at all. The Boston Patriots regionalized

Old 03-01-2023, 11:22 AM

6,393 posts, read 4,896,864 times
Quote:
What do Canadians have to with the PLA adding cost to the stadium?

https://www.investigativepost.org/20...bills-stadium/

Old 03-01-2023, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Yeah, what about them too? But their tax dollars aren't paying for it. The thing is, they really haven't regionalized at all. The Boston Patriots regionalized
So, how do you think they should regionalize? Keep in mind that people from CNY and the Southern Tier go to games as well.

With the New England Patriots, the stadium is still in the Boston metro area, but just a little bit closer to Providence.

Old 03-01-2023, 01:19 PM

Quote:
So, how do you think they should regionalize? Keep in mind that people from CNY and the Southern Tier go to games as well.

With the New England Patriots, the stadium is still in the Boston metro area, but just a little bit closer to Providence.
First, the Boston Patriots became the New England Patriots. I hear a lot of talk about the Bills being the only team that plays in NYS. So, call them the NY Bills. Now, you can feel more that it's your team, not some other cities team.

I've always said that they should be closer to the people paying for the stadium. My first choice for a stadium location (and not just because I live here) would be right at the intersection of I-90 and I-390, with direct on off ramps to the expressways in all directions. Maybe even closer to Syracuse at the intersection with rt 14, Geneva.

Both of those suggestions consider Central and Southern Tier.

This also goes along with my thought that the major cities along the thruway should forge closer ties and collaborations
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area