Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2010, 02:06 PM

1,053 posts, read 3,368,434 times

Advertisements

Want to get pissed off? Even the Executive Editor had to apologize...

COMMENTARY: Ten Things you didn't know about Buffalo - Columbia Missourian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2010, 03:36 PM

93,342 posts, read 123,972,828 times
This reminds me of another article about the city: Hello, Buffalo: For Orange fans, a city of many delights |

Old 03-27-2010, 07:05 AM

9,169 posts, read 13,249,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post

It looks like the article was written by a 18 year old Missouri college student. He probably never thought that anyone from his "victim city" would read this article. He was probably trying to be funny but he was so totally off the top and unfair that you soon take the side of his victim.

Perhaps it was asking too much, but a little research on his part would have shown that buffalo aka bison were once living in Western New York State. They were essentially wiped out, just like the far larger populations living in Missouri.

Old 03-27-2010, 11:17 AM

1,293 posts, read 4,998,613 times
Its not completely bad. I got a laugh out of one or two. I guess it ticks me off that media uses negativity to sell product.

I got a kick out of other mayors calling Buffalo for advice. Everyone up here, or from Buffalo gets a good chuckle when southerners shut down for snow.

Old 03-27-2010, 02:48 PM

1,772 posts, read 3,236,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Town&Country View Post

Maybe he should have visited some inner city neighborhoods in St. Louis or Kansas City and described how wonderful they are in his article - if he lived to write about it

Old 03-27-2010, 09:50 PM

9,130 posts, read 20,012,483 times
Doesn't bother me too much. He is basically trying to make fun of the typical Buffalo stuff and that is to be expected these days.

He does throw in some stuff people might be unaware of.

I just wish he could have come to town and discovered some of the real positives of the area too, so his writeup wasn't so one sided.

Old 03-28-2010, 09:42 AM

414 posts, read 1,505,498 times
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Real tired road. I can tell you that after serving in the military and being stationed in Missouri for a year that they should talk softly. I seem to remember it being nick named 'Misery' and my fellow soldiers and I came to the conclusion that it was the "show me state" because none of them new how to read. 49 states pronounce Missouri with an 'e' sound at the end yet Missourians insist on pronouncing it with the sound of an 'a'. I can remember about 50 more instances of backward, inbred type occurances but I will keep them to myself

Old 04-01-2010, 05:14 PM

1,886 posts, read 3,448,843 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesuicide View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah. Real tired road. I can tell you that after serving in the military and being stationed in Missouri for a year that they should talk softly. I seem to remember it being nick named 'Misery' and my fellow soldiers and I came to the conclusion that it was the "show me state" because none of them new how to read. 49 states pronounce Missouri with an 'e' sound at the end yet Missourians insist on pronouncing it with the sound of an 'a'. I can remember about 50 more instances of backward, inbred type occurances but I will keep them to myself
I'm with "mike" on this one.

Buffalo has a lot more character, and better people, than St. Louis and "Mizzoura", in general.

'Nuff said.

Old 04-03-2010, 11:32 AM

10 posts, read 16,121 times
lol missouri sounds like the dumb that i live in now lol full of inbred backwards small minded arseholes, lol im fed up of living with a bunch of uneducated cavemen
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Buffalo area