Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2008, 04:15 PM

1,405 posts, read 4,787,943 times

Advertisements

I just sent this to a friend who's mentioned in this piece...

36 Hours in Burlington, Vt. - NYTimes.com

This writer isn't the usual NY Times stringer...

she should have called me...

;-)

David Beckett
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2008, 05:06 PM

1,822 posts, read 5,133,363 times
Hey, thanks! I didn't know about the Magnolia Bistro and will make sure to try it when I'm in Burlington.

Last weekend we had a scrumptious meal at A Single Pebble -- vegan heaven! (And the non-vegs at the table loved my dinner. The shock on their faces was hilarious.)

Old 11-01-2008, 05:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherylcatmom View Post
Hey, thanks! I didn't know about the Magnolia Bistro and will make sure to try it when I'm in Burlington.

Last weekend we had a scrumptious meal at A Single Pebble -- vegan heaven! (And the non-vegs at the table loved my dinner. The shock on their faces was hilarious.)
Have you been to Penny Cluse, SherylCatMom?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
Have you been to Penny Cluse, SherylCatMom?
No! Should I go?

I usually lean toward Asian food, especially Thai, Indian, Vietnamese. But I'll eat anything yummy & vegan.

Old 11-01-2008, 06:46 PM

It's a breakfast, brunch, lunch place.

They make the best chill rellenos I've ever had - better than any I've had in CA or Mexico.

The rest of the fare is fantastic too.

You like Thai food...You've been to Tiny Thai?

Old 11-01-2008, 06:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaz longue View Post
You like Thai food...You've been to Tiny Thai?

I haven't been to Tiny Thai. Is that the place to go? I don't get to Burlington all that often, but I've been to the Bangkok Bistro a few times because that is where folks we usually dine with want to go. Also, I've enjoyed Pacific Rim and some good Indian food. I really, really miss Five Spice.

I just glanced at the Penny Cluse menu and it doesn't look very vegan-friendly. Next time I'm headed up that way I'll call ahead and see how hip they are to making some of those veggie dishes vegan.

Old 11-01-2008, 09:20 PM

2,186 posts, read 6,825,892 times
Have you tried Shalimar? Love the cool yogurt smoothies. Five Spice was one of fav lunch places when we went to the big city.

Old 11-02-2008, 05:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRVphotog View Post
Have you tried Shalimar? Love the cool yogurt smoothies. Five Spice was one of fav lunch places when we went to the big city.

Very yum! Mmm, maybe I'll have to get back to Burlington sooner. :-)

Old 11-02-2008, 05:22 AM

415 posts, read 1,666,498 times
Reading that article brought back a lot of memories. When I lived in Boston, I would travel to Burlington a few times a year for work. Loved the area and would love to relocate there sometime in the future.

Old 11-02-2008, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sherylcatmom View Post

I haven't been to Tiny Thai. Is that the place to go? I don't get to Burlington all that often, but I've been to the Bangkok Bistro a few times because that is where folks we usually dine with want to go. Also, I've enjoyed Pacific Rim and some good Indian food. I really, really miss Five Spice.

I just glanced at the Penny Cluse menu and it doesn't look very vegan-friendly. Next time I'm headed up that way I'll call ahead and see how hip they are to making some of those veggie dishes vegan.
How about Stone Soup? They have a number of Vegan dishes.

I think you'd like the Tiny Thai in Winooski too.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Vermont > Burlington, VT