Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2016, 12:04 PM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,321 times

Advertisements

Guys what are the best ways to promote a small business??

In my case it's aviation.

Trade fairs, internet ads....etc.

What do you think??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2016, 03:32 PM

4,668 posts, read 3,898,012 times
Wow, you start a lot of threads.

Both of those are good. Get all over the Internet. Facebook, Google+, any industry related websites, etc.

I don't know exactly what you do, but print some shirts and hats with your name, logo, whatever, and where it everywhere you go. Maybe give some to friends and family to wear. Company name on your vehicle. Of course contact information on everything, like a phone number or email.

Maybe you are targeting more specific clients/customers, so not all the above may be great, but you can find customers in the most unlikely of places. Maybe you can advertise at the airport somehow, or do a joint advertisement with companies you could work with or for. Aviation is very broad, I don't know if you sell airplane fuel, lease hangers, or have a charter company. If you have a charter company you could even do door hangers or direct mailers.

Old 03-13-2016, 03:40 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,371,715 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post

What do you think??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattks View Post
Wow, you start a lot of threads.

Both of those are good. Get all over the Internet. Facebook, Google+, any industry related websites, etc.

I don't know exactly what you do, but print some shirts and hats with your name, logo, whatever, and where it everywhere you go. Maybe give some to friends and family to wear. Company name on your vehicle. Of course contact information on everything, like a phone number or email.

Maybe you are targeting more specific clients/customers, so not all the above may be great, but you can find customers in the most unlikely of places. Maybe you can advertise at the airport somehow, or do a joint advertisement with companies you could work with or for. Aviation is very broad, I don't know if you sell airplane fuel, lease hangers, or have a charter company. If you have a charter company you could even do door hangers or direct mailers.
^^^^^ Above all good..seek out positive reviews of your services as well ^^^

I would also bring in you, as the Owner Operator ( CEO ) . If you have a LinkedIn Account ( if not set one up/it's free)~ Networking

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LinkedIn
snippet~

LinkedIn /ˌliŋkt.ˈɪn/ is a business-oriented social networking service. Founded in December 2002 and launched on May 5, 2003,[2] it is mainly used for professional networking. As of 2015, most of the site's revenue comes from selling access to information about its users to recruiters and sales professionals.[8]

In 2006, LinkedIn increased to 20 million members.[9] As of October 2015, LinkedIn reports more than 400 million acquired users in more than 200 countries and territories.[7][10]

The site is available in 24 languages,[11] including Arabic, Chinese, English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Romanian, Russian, Turkish, Japanese, Czech, Polish, Korean, Indonesian, Malay, and Tagalog.[12][13] As of 2 July 2013, Quantcast reports LinkedIn has 65.6 million monthly unique U.S. visitors and 178.4 million globally,[14] a number that as of 29 October 2013 has increased to 184 million.[15] In June 2011, LinkedIn had 33.9 million unique visitors, up 63 percent from a year earlier and surpassing MySpace.[16] LinkedIn filed for an initial public offering in January 2011 and traded its first shares on May 19, 2011, under the NYSE symbol "LNKD".[17]

Old 03-14-2016, 12:01 AM

6,261 posts, read 5,068,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Thomas View Post

What do you think??
All the free ways I can, since I have little money to dedicate to marketing:

1. Website
2 FB page
3. Blog
4. Considered a subject matter expert - have been published in professional magazines
5. Hand out business cards to everyone
6. Paid $50 one time to have an extended radio interview that garnered plenty of store visits
7. The obvious - word of mouth based on quality customer service, quality programs/services/whatever-you're-selling, etc etc
9. Local online FB classified sites
10. Fliers
11. Provide discount prices every day to certain groups - in my case first responders and military (past and present)
12. Organized special events that draw people to my business

Don't know anything about the aviation industry (didn't you say somewhere you were looking into drones?). Research other companies similar to the one you want to start (across the nation and internationally), look up their pages, see how they market, look up their web pages and decide what you like and don't like about them. Minimum you need a website and quality business cards.

Old 03-14-2016, 05:25 AM

4,231 posts, read 3,557,321 times
Thanks y'all!!

These are ways i've thought too but there is a difference.

My focus will not be drones that folks can buy

They'll be somewhat military, commercial and maybe some private companies and municipalities.

So having a FB page doesn't mean much for this field.

I'll go to Score and SBA about this if i can reach these market.

Old 03-14-2016, 03:36 PM

291 posts, read 397,671 times
I have hired sales/leadgen individuals from some of the online freelance sites with mixed results. Good to build a call list/CRM for future calls/emails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business