Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-19-2015, 08:34 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,096,237 times

Advertisements

Just curious if anyone is making money off Blogger Blogspot blogs? Years ago I was putting a lot of effort into blogging and had grew 2 or 3 blogs to earning about $300 a month. I thought wow this seems pretty easy, if I can make 2 or 3 blogs and make $300 a month if I made 12 blogs I should be able to make $1600 a month. Not sure why but I kind of platued at that $300 mark and no matter how many more blogs I created I couldn't make any more money.

Not sure if this plays into it but I have heard complaints across the board from newbies and veterns alike that adsense cpc and payouts are down big. Where as I used to make a buck a click I'm now lucky to get like 0.08 cents a click.

I know there's a ton of arguments out there about Blogger Vs Wordpress and seems the big complaint from both sides is that with Blogger or any other third party type blogging site you dont own your site or the content your basically renting someone elses space and they have the power to kick you off or shut down your blog at anytime. Aside from that though are there really that many benefits to Wordpress over Blogger? I'm not talking about plugins, I know WP has a milliion plugins but basically I'm asking can a blogger blog rank as well and make as much as a blogger blog in terms of getting rank and SEO and all that?

Also, maybe someone else can touch on this, I know in hte past blogger was very limited in terms of SEO as it didn't have meta tags, I'm not sure what H1 and H2 are but I'd hear people say blogger didn't have that either. I see blogger has added a lot of advanced features to SEO your blog. Just curious how this makes it stack up against wordpress. Here is what I'm talking about if anyone can comment on is this a useful tool and should I do it to my blogs? BLOGGER SEO TRICKS
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2017, 09:48 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,954 times
Can you provide an update to your situation?

Old 12-20-2017, 11:55 AM

4,003 posts, read 6,096,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by clb10 View Post
Can you provide an update to your situation?

There's a lot of money to be made online through creating content and then monetizing said content with either Google Adsense, finding your own advertisers, CPA or cost per action programs ie get someone to buy something or signup for something.

While money can be made on blogs video is where its at right now ie make a Youtube channel where you show someone how to fix the broken belt on their dryer and then link them to the part which you get a commission for.

Doing this overall method through a combination of blogs, youtube and social media is bringing in probably $3,000 a month for me. That said this has been a work in progress since 2009.

Old 01-04-2018, 05:23 AM

5,960 posts, read 5,544,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by doodlemagic View Post
There's a lot of money to be made online through creating content and then monetizing said content with either Google Adsense, finding your own advertisers, CPA or cost per action programs ie get someone to buy something or signup for something.

While money can be made on blogs video is where its at right now ie make a Youtube channel where you show someone how to fix the broken belt on their dryer and then link them to the part which you get a commission for.

Doing this overall method through a combination of blogs, youtube and social media is bringing in probably $3,000 a month for me. That said this has been a work in progress since 2009.
Thank you.

Interesting.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business