Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2019, 11:58 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,218,337 times

Advertisements

I've sold to thousands of buyers on eBay and less, but still a lot on Amazon. I haven't had many problems, but I've had to ban some users when they are obviously scammers, make threats, etc. I noticed eBay can be really bad about doing anything when you report a user.

So far I haven't had any trouble with users repeatedly contacting me once they've been banned. But I've read on the eBay forums that some sellers have banned people and they still get contacted by those users. Eventually the banned user just loses interest and only then does this annoying behavior stop.

It would seem easy enough for eBay to just let you block messages from a user. However, there are a lot of easy things eBay could do to make for a better user experience that they don't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2019, 11:26 PM

154 posts, read 92,767 times
If you end up in the Resolution Center, then the banning doesn't take effect for a while. I've not been able to ban any actual buyer of mine until well after the sale it becomes effective.

Early on I had a few scammers who had different accounts so they'd try again. Luckily it's been a while since I had a scanner but when they come, I threaten them. Totally go off. Contact them on Facebook.
I never hear from them again and often, it never escalates into actual scamming. Threatening the scammers seems to work best. I am a Top Rated Seller

There was a way to scam them back, if they were a Seller but that isn't possible anymore and it's too much trouble anyhow

Old 07-26-2019, 09:51 AM

1,204 posts, read 1,218,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElmersGlue. View Post
If you end up in the Resolution Center, then the banning doesn't take effect for a while. I've not been able to ban any actual buyer of mine until well after the sale it becomes effective.

Early on I had a few scammers who had different accounts so they'd try again. Luckily it's been a while since I had a scanner but when they come, I threaten them. Totally go off. Contact them on Facebook.
I never hear from them again and often, it never escalates into actual scamming. Threatening the scammers seems to work best. I am a Top Rated Seller

There was a way to scam them back, if they were a Seller but that isn't possible anymore and it's too much trouble anyhow
I’m a top rated seller too, but maybe I just haven’t gotten big enough to deal with people who go through the trouble of creating multiple accounts to scam people. That sounds super annoying.

In addition to the flat out scammers some customers can be super annoying. Like I’ve gotten offers for $1.00 with free shipping on items I am selling for much more than that. One time when I declined they raised their offer slightly then sent me a message saying either accept or they’ll take their business elsewhere. Yes, please do!

Old 07-27-2019, 11:53 AM

154 posts, read 92,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Japanfan1986 View Post
I’m a top rated seller too, but maybe I just haven’t gotten big enough to deal with people who go through the trouble of creating multiple accounts to scam people. That sounds super annoying.

In addition to the flat out scammers some customers can be super annoying. Like I’ve gotten offers for $1.00 with free shipping on items I am selling for much more than that. One time when I declined they raised their offer slightly then sent me a message saying either accept or they’ll take their business elsewhere. Yes, please do!
Ever since they've allowed people to just send offers, including a link, we've all had some of this.
It's been a very long time since I've had a bad buyer, about a year. And I'd went a year before that.

Paypal is really my #1 annoyance. They steal $ occasionally for no reason. They want me to keep $200 in the account at all times otherwise they try to ding my bank account which I've already blocked them. Getting sick of their emails telling me that "I tried to remove money out of my account to Paypal but it failed" Duh, you are blocked for stealing. Once they stole $ out of my husbands business account! I have no access to that information, he keeps it locked up. Our bank must have disclosed that account # years ago. Some breach occured somehow because he found paypal had debited his business acct.

At least Ebay lets the little guy still sell. Though I have a stellar reputation selling on Amazon since it's inception, slowly been booted out of so many categories saying I am not qualified any further. Though I only have 100% feedback. Hardly any scammers, if ever, on Amazon. I gave up on them a while back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business