Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-09-2021, 09:34 AM

2,170 posts, read 1,956,095 times

Advertisements

Anyone have a blog generating some income?

You always see these inflated articles on google about people making $6500 a month in affiliate links with their blog.

Always curious what real word numbers are, how old the blog is, how much people are spending on marketing to drive traffic, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2021, 02:35 PM

7,649 posts, read 4,603,757 times
I think it's like everything else. If it's like 1,000,000 sites on personal opinions...people will pass through, maybe see something of interest for a second and then move on. However, if you can develop content of repeating value, where people will return and you begin to get a following and are known for objective and useful information....then you have a chance.

Me posting my personal home repair story. Nothing. Me taking a devoted interest to tips, tools and information on DIY home care...ok, that can generate the right kind of traffic that would be of value to someone. However, that becomes a business quickly.

The easy starter money is gone. Things have gotten sophisticated.

Old 08-17-2021, 02:51 PM

9,867 posts, read 7,740,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fedupwiththis View Post
Anyone have a blog generating some income?

You always see these inflated articles on google about people making $6500 a month in affiliate links with their blog.

Always curious what real word numbers are, how old the blog is, how much people are spending on marketing to drive traffic, etc.
Do you have one? You posted on the other thread about how easy it was to make money online setting up an HVAC referral site. Didn't know if you were just brainstorming or if you've actually had success at this.

Old 10-10-2021, 07:09 PM

40 posts, read 57,964 times
i have a website blog that makes $170 month with google adsense

Old 11-05-2021, 09:58 PM

269 posts, read 247,226 times
I earned $82.25 in October from my food blog. This Wordpress blog is six years old and until this past August, I haven't touched it in five years.

I decided this past August that I'd commit to turning my blog into something by posting one recipe per week.

I've also been working on link building and have made lots of website improvements. I got a new theme, changed hosts so my site loads faster, I got rid of a bunch of plugins. I've improved my internal links from post to post and I've smushed images to make my site faster.

I've improved the SEO of some old posts and have more posts to fix. As a result, my keyword rankings have vastly improved and I rank for 5.2K organic keywords with several #1 and ”top stories” spots on google. I signed up for free ahref's weekly scanning of my site. I've fixed lots of errors I didn't know existed.

I've already made $39.99 this month so I'm on track to making $240 for November. I think it'll be higher since Christmas is around the corner.

Before I started working on my site in August I was getting an average of 233 sessions per day. For November I'm averaging 1830 sessions per day. My work is beginning to pay off. I'm going by sessions and not pageviews because my goal is to get to 50,000 sessions per month so I can join MediaVine. MediaVine requires 50,000 sessions per month to join. If I keep on track I should be able to apply to MediaVine the first week of December.

To make my goal, I plan on posting twice a week for the entire month of November. I'm going to get several ”spare” posts ready as a backup in case I get too busy or something comes up. I currently have 105 published posts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business