Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 08:13 PM

140 posts, read 404,890 times

Advertisements

I already have a plan of action just wondering if anyone here might have any ideas that might help me.

My Plan is to own the whole thing and just hire brokers in Realtor in other states. I will build the websites as i grow and get the cash flow to move to another state. The thing that is special about my plan is i supply all lead to my agents. If they dont want to they dont have to go get there own. I currently have 9 agents in Dallas-Fort Worth that are swapped with business even in a down market.

Any idea how to get agents in other area to want to come on board?
The idea is to go the brand of my company and compete with the big boys in real estate.

One of the problems is i have to take it slow while i gain the funds to do it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 08:24 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,655,984 times
Sounds like you are describing the Zip Realty format. Someone beat you to it.

You want to start a Real Estate business in this market? Whataya nuts????

I know you are in Texas and right now. Texas has the 13th largest economy in the world and is about the only place in the USA where homes are actually selling and actually going up in value but it stops in Texas. The rest of the country ranges from recession to a deep depression in places like Las Vegas, Miami, Phoenix and Detroit.

You want to start a Real Estate business perhaps you should think about how to unload all the foreclosures in America. Places like Stockton, CA and Las Vegas, 1 out of every 30 homes are in foreclosure right now as we read this. Yes if you walk down any street, every 15th home is in foreclosure. Does that sink in? Impossible to believe but true. It's horrible.

I say any dreams of a business in Real Estate is nothing more then a nightmare dream right now and likely will for the next 8-10 years.

Old 10-09-2008, 08:15 AM

1,921 posts, read 6,427,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by desertsun41 View Post
I say any dreams of a business in Real Estate is nothing more then a nightmare dream right now and likely will for the next 8-10 years.
I agree with all of your post but this statement. Amidst even the worst of situations lies opportunity for those willing to look for it. There are fortunes to be made out there...

Old 10-09-2008, 06:22 PM

140 posts, read 404,890 times
Well i work and talk to Realtors all over the county right now. It isnt that bad in all places. People are still buying and moving. I would go to a place like Detroit anyways. There are places right around Texas that are doing fine. Also i am not coping Zip realty total different business plan.

Old 10-11-2008, 12:30 AM

684 posts, read 2,109,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 8 SNAKE View Post
I agree with all of your post but this statement. Amidst even the worst of situations lies opportunity for those willing to look for it. There are fortunes to be made out there...
Ditto 8 Snake--Most demographics are no where's near 8-10 years to recuperate, even with CA, while prices in some areas are plunging, many are stabilizing (trust me, I follow this every day, changing my outlook, again, daily, so don't be a bit surprised if I post a different thought next week )

Also, you have to consider, Texas RE Broker, what prices are you looking to rebound to? 2005/2006?? Those numbers were by even 2005/2006 economic standards, unsustainable *bubble* numbers...in other words FAKE..so, yeah, we are not looking anywhere to accomplish *these* numbers anytime soon..
...but since we have owned our home for 11 years, didn't borrow equity against our future, we are hoping come 4/09, or thereabouts, the home that WAS fictitiously valued at 750k will settle to a more realistic, and salable value of $550k ish...right now per zillow.com @ 537k, though their numbers, by design, are typically about 2 % off on the low side., put us right about there, give or take.

Also, Texas RE Broker, sounds like you have less experience in real estate, then you do in web design and telemarketing/ internet sourcing techniques..
As with any internet sales, (competing with the "Big Boys" as you said) the flaw of internet/ telecommunication sales, is the lack of grass root, hands on, ground up on the job education that lends to true experience, as opposed to an internet mentality of get rich quick schemes...

..which is why THEY are the Big Boys...

nonetheless, good luck..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics > Business