Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2010, 02:05 PM

767 posts, read 1,743,967 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle7 View Post
The dmv & ftb is are well hated & i hope he dont do something stupid like punch out a state employee. If he does hopefully no ones around so he can claim self defense.
Think about this..

It's wrong for the state to ask him to pay his license renewal- granted, while the state allegedly hasn't yet paid him his dues- but it's right to claim self defense, e.g. to misrepresent what he did, after attacking and battering a state employee who didn't wrong the veteran- the state employee doesn't even know who that vet is- and who is nothing but a working stiff?

Try to be reasonable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2010, 07:13 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
This story isnt fake. I saw the iou & im going by what the man says. I have seen him around yucaipa before & he should contact the local assemblyman paul cook for help. Im not sure if it will do any good but it wont hurt.

Old 07-05-2010, 07:19 PM

1,651 posts, read 3,698,331 times
No-one doubts that he has an IOU in his hand - we're doubting that the State is actually holding back on paying him. Either there's more to the story that you don't know, or he hasn't properly filed his claim for the money. There's no way the State is that far behind in covering old IOUs.

Old 07-05-2010, 08:49 PM

425 posts, read 1,955,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagicTouch View Post
If your talking about what I said above... it's not a story, it's my life, but you can believe what you will it's your purgative.
I rarely do this, but it needs to be done.

Purgative is a purging or cleansing, particularly of the bowels. What you mean is prerogative.

Old 07-05-2010, 09:00 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,027,890 times
Quote:
At the time both my husband and I were LA cops, both shot at within weeks of each other. Now add four sons at home... hmmm .... someone needed to insure that no matter what they had at least one parent safe, so I departed. Then two years later, divorced and a year after that he died. Now a make a lot more then I ever could have as a cop, and there isn't any danger involved, but there is no adrenaline rush either.
Did your ex husband die in the line of duty ?

Old 07-06-2010, 03:17 PM

630 posts, read 2,227,061 times
Quote:
Did your ex husband die in the line of duty ?
No, he died in a motorcycle accident, he was driving under the influence of alcohol. He had attended an LAPD and LA County Sheriff function where they served alcohol. The accident happened less than a mile from home.

So he felt as some do, which is the rules don't apply to them. In turn he paid the ultimate price, but his sons paid a high price as well.

Ladoll - You are more then welcome to correct my grammar, whatever floats your boat.

Old 07-06-2010, 04:49 PM

425 posts, read 1,955,646 times
Quote:
Ladoll - You are more then welcome to correct my grammar, whatever floats your boat.
I wasn't doing it to be mean, I was just trying to help you.

Old 07-06-2010, 11:12 PM

433 posts, read 1,619,488 times
Quote:
His car is a 30 yr old ford. What yr/make is yours ? Keep in mind hes been paying registration on his car since 1980 so that adds up. He bought it new. Paying registration is bs cause our gas tax pays for the roads we drive on. Politicians have thought of many ways to screw us & we let them.
08' Silverado. It is total BS that the nicer the car the more the DMV shoves it up your butt. You are right, it has nothing to do with driving on the road, its probably to fill budget holes and CA is still 19 billion short.

Old 07-07-2010, 04:06 PM

664 posts, read 1,946,808 times
That sucks for him and life is not fair but this is just plain stupid. He's going to get the car towed one of these days and then what? At least a couple hundred bucks to get it out and that is the first day. I don't know what he could do but what he is going is only going to cause him more problems.

Old 07-07-2010, 11:53 PM

2,404 posts, read 6,579,562 times
Quote:
In the state of CA they can not tow a vehicle for expired tags only, unless the tags are a year + one day past due. Now they could find another reason to have the car towed.
In reality The cops can not "LEGALLY" tow any vehicle , Its a violation of your rights to due process( Title 42, 1983) and if they ( the cops ) do have your car towed you can take the tow company to small claims court and get your car back ( they must by Law have a contract with "You" to demand money from you for the return of the vehicle . ( they have a contract with the cops not you) . Have done this process many times with success.,
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: