Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-19-2011, 09:01 PM

16,588 posts, read 27,390,347 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Dude View Post
If you use a freeway, went to a public school, walked on a sidewalk, there is a strong change it was partly paid for by someone wealthy. The top 1/3 of Californians are paying for pretty much everything. You think the people of the Tenderlion are keeping muni running or something?
K...you have a point and I cannot argue with that...yet...but I will ask, many of these things were instituted a long time ago when the middle class was larger. Could it have been the middle class that paid for it mostly?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2011, 10:16 AM

277 posts, read 379,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
haha, yeah I'm wondering that too especially given the topic of this thread. Some of the more close minded, far left nuts on here think any discussion of topics that don't suit their political leanings is some "right wing" assault on this forum. They're the ones that give the left a bad name and probably only like to discuss political topics with people that agree with them, it's like an idealogical circle jerk. I enjoy reading both sides of the argument, some obviously prefer just their side. I think there is a pretty even mix of topics on this forum.
Yeah there's only close minded far left nuts on this site. Nobody calls Obama "Obummer or Hussein". Most topics turn into liberal bashing, you know this but ignore that fact. Typical you blame everything on the left calling it a circle jerk like you're not running to the aid of all your right wing online pals insulting "libs". Give a rest you're an obvious biased poster trying to play like you're not with your very sarcastic angry posts mixed with fake laughs to make it seem like you're being light hearted.

Old 04-20-2011, 11:09 AM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
Yeah there's only close minded far left nuts on this site. Nobody calls Obama "Obummer or Hussein". Most topics turn into liberal bashing, you know this but ignore that fact. Typical you blame everything on the left calling it a circle jerk like you're not running to the aid of all your right wing online pals insulting "libs". Give a rest you're an obvious biased poster trying to play like you're not with your very sarcastic angry posts mixed with fake laughs to make it seem like you're being light hearted.
Did I say there were only closed minded far left nuts on this site? But I suppose since you believe there is a right wing assault on this forum you had to tell yourself that to argue against what I said. Yes there are plenty of right wing nuts on this forum too that are just as bad but the difference is they aren't complaining about some "left wing assault" on this forum whenever topics not suited to their political leanings are posted. But what's ironic about your post is that you made on this thread which clearly is advocating for poorer people and is a more liberal topic. Maybe if you made your post on a thread started by one of the right wing nuts it would have actually had some validity. And don't try to pretend the far left doesn't have their little jabs for right wing figures like Palin, Bush, etc...yet I doubt you have a problem with that, oh but heaven forbid anyone say anything disparaging about Obama or anyone else on the left. Typical double standard by those ultra-sensitive types on the left.

Well I'm sure if anyone disagrees with what you believe then they must be biased, not surprised there. Yes my posts can be angry and sarcastic but trust me I am laughing at how ridiculous some of you are. I suppose maybe you're one of those "soft" Bay Area types that thread is referring to.

Old 04-20-2011, 01:44 PM

4,897 posts, read 8,318,422 times
This has always been true and that's why we try to make up for this by having a graduated income tax to help even things out. Not surprisingly Republicans, who are completely controlled by a few wealthy interests, constantly attempt to push the tax burden back on to the middle and lower classes. You can usually tell when someone is being dishonest about taxes when they only look at the income tax instead of total taxation and the percentage of income paid in taxes by each household.

Old 04-20-2011, 04:50 PM

277 posts, read 379,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sav858 View Post
Did I say there were only closed minded far left nuts on this site? But I suppose since you believe there is a right wing assault on this forum you had to tell yourself that to argue against what I said. Yes there are plenty of right wing nuts on this forum too that are just as bad but the difference is they aren't complaining about some "left wing assault" on this forum whenever topics not suited to their political leanings are posted. But what's ironic about your post is that you made on this thread which clearly is advocating for poorer people and is a more liberal topic. Maybe if you made your post on a thread started by one of the right wing nuts it would have actually had some validity. And don't try to pretend the far left doesn't have their little jabs for right wing figures like Palin, Bush, etc...yet I doubt you have a problem with that, oh but heaven forbid anyone say anything disparaging about Obama or anyone else on the left. Typical double standard by those ultra-sensitive types on the left.

Well I'm sure if anyone disagrees with what you believe then they must be biased, not surprised there. Yes my posts can be angry and sarcastic but trust me I am laughing at how ridiculous some of you are. I suppose maybe you're one of those "soft" Bay Area types that thread is referring to.
For starters I don't side with any party as they are both corrupt and full of trash. I posted in THIS thread because I knew you and those like you would be in here throwing your usual tantrum. There's a difference between taking jabs at uniformed people like Palin who are clueless and who also embarrass most republicans with any sort of a brain. She does it to herself, making fun of Obama's name as if he's some sort of outsider or his birth certificate has nothing to do with his politics. AT ALL. So stop crying like it's ultra sensitive to defend him from weak irrelevant attacks, attack his politics everything else is irrelevant and childish.

I'm from Los Angeles so I'm not sure what you're talking being from the Bay Area and soft, you on the other hand. I've never seen such a hyper emotional male in my life.gl

Old 04-20-2011, 10:42 PM

767 posts, read 1,743,720 times
Would you have us believe that poor people make the greatest % contribution to the tax base and are therefore more deserving to draw from it?

Whether or not, they will definitely have more and more kids per (poor) family because when you're poor, that's the smart thing to do!

Old 04-21-2011, 05:32 PM

18,982 posts, read 32,656,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsuko View Post
For starters I don't side with any party as they are both corrupt and full of trash. I posted in THIS thread because I knew you and those like you would be in here throwing your usual tantrum. There's a difference between taking jabs at uniformed people like Palin who are clueless and who also embarrass most republicans with any sort of a brain. She does it to herself, making fun of Obama's name as if he's some sort of outsider or his birth certificate has nothing to do with his politics. AT ALL. So stop crying like it's ultra sensitive to defend him from weak irrelevant attacks, attack his politics everything else is irrelevant and childish.

I'm from Los Angeles so I'm not sure what you're talking being from the Bay Area and soft, you on the other hand. I've never seen such a hyper emotional male in my life.gl
That's right, anyone who posts something you don't like or agree with must be throwing a "tantrum", yet look at what you're doing now. And keep convincing yourself you don't play sides but your original post in this thread was clearly complaining about one side. And fyi, I actually kind of agree with the OP on this subject

See the thing is you're so close minded and full of yourself you actually try to justify taking jabs at others but cry and moan about it when it's done to political figures you support. Whatever BS reasons you tell yourself that it's fine to take jabs at certain people but not others still doesn't change the fact you do the exact same thing you complain about other people doing. So maybe you're right on one thing, you're not being ultra-sensitive as much as you are being hypocritical.

So you don't live in the Bay Area at all? Cuz you post in the SF forum more so than the LA forum. If you live in the Bay Area, being from LA doesn't mean you're not one of those soft Bay Area types. It attracts certain types. And the irony of you calling me hyper emotional when you just flipped your lid on this thread, HAHA. More hypocrisy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
View detailed profiles of: