Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-23-2015, 10:28 PM

8,342 posts, read 6,428,879 times

Advertisements

Attorney General Kamala Harris asked a Democrat activist judge to rule that she didn't have to allow signatures to to be gathered to put it on the ballot.
There is no hope for California.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2015, 11:28 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,140,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Attorney General Kamala Harris asked a Democrat activist judge to rule that she didn't have to allow signatures to to be gathered to put it on the ballot.
You want to kill gay people? ISIS, is that you?

Old 06-23-2015, 11:43 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuvSouthOC View Post
You want to kill gay people? ISIS, is that you?
Or Mentally unstable gay bashing Christians......

Old 06-24-2015, 12:02 AM

2,410 posts, read 4,455,557 times
This whole thing was so incredibly stupid--and Harris just wants to put this on her resume.

Remember when they were trying to get the plastic bag ban overturn on the ballot? People stood outside stores FOR MONTHS gathering signatures--I don't recall if it was supposed to be over 50,000 or over 500,000--but it took them a lot of time--and a lot of money paying all those signature gatherers--to get all those signatures.

So this one weird guy that no one could even determine if he was employed filed this. He would still have had to get the thousands of verified signatures--does anyone even pretending to have common sense think this was going to get on the ballot? Do you think people would have been lined up to sign? Seriously?

Now Harris and the judge get to stand up and say "look what I did--vote for me next election" and everyone is just so thrilled they probably will.

Meh. Californians fall for anything.

Old 06-24-2015, 12:37 AM

4,108 posts, read 10,802,109 times
Kamala Harris is a disgusting, unethical, arrogant, condescending, rude, narcissistic worm if ever there was one that has come out of Bay Area Democratic machine politics. Willie Brown and Gavin Newsom are undoubtedly less slimy than Kamala Harris...and that says something.

As an aside, the only "power player" Democrat in California that I'd ever remotely consider voting for in state and/or federal elections is Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti. Aside from the usual liberal talking points he has to give to keep his constituents happy, he is actually a real administrator with real teeth who gives a serious damn about Los Angeles, and is a much needed cheerleader for the city. I'd want to vote for San Jose's former mayor Chuck Reed, too...but he wouldn't have a chance outside of the Bay Area, and his personality is why.

Old 06-24-2015, 01:57 PM

12,287 posts, read 9,820,687 times
The bill is deplorable and should be on the ballot if the correct amount of signatures are gathered.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:03 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,043,535 times
Pretty cheeky, if you ask me. (Yes, pun intended.)

I think that an anti-sodomite law would be a bad thing. I don't think that the govt (or anybody else) has the right to tell me what I should or shouldn't do in the privacy of my own home (so long as I am hurting nobody else). Examples :

* Tell me I can't smoke tobacco at home? NO.
* Tell me I can't smoke at home if children are present? YES.
* Tell me I can't smoke in my backyard if the smoke is going into a neighbor's house? YES
* Tell me I can't have sex with a consenting adult of the opposite sex? NO
* Tell me I can't have sex with a consenting minor of the opposite sex? YES
* Tell me I can't drink alcohol at home (I'm over 21) : NO
* Tell me I can't drive after getting drunk at home? YES.
* Tell me I can't have sex with a consenting adult of the same sex? NO
* Tell me I can't have sex with a consenting minor of the same sex? YES

I really have never understood the anti-homosexual fanatics. If it's because you're a Christian and are against it for religious reasons, then :

- you shouldn't eat bacon (your holy book says you mustn't do that)
- you shouldn't eat crab (your holy book says you mustn't do that)
- you shouldn't eat lobster (your holy book says you mustn't do that)
- you shouldn't eat shrimp (your holy book says you mustn't do that)
- you shouldn't eat oysters (your holy book says you mustn't do that)
- you shouldn't eat calamari (your holy book says you mustn't do that)
- you shouldn't eat scallops (your holy book says you mustn't do that)
- you shouldn't eat mussels (your holy book says you mustn't do that)
- you shouldn't get tattoos (your holy book says you mustn't do that)
- you shouldn't shave your sideburns (your holy book says you mustn't do that)
- you shouldn't wear gold (your holy book says you mustn't do that)

You get the drift. And if YOUR God says that you shouldn't do something, it means that YOU shouldn't do it, and NOT that you should tell everybody else that THEY can't do it.

Old 06-27-2015, 04:51 PM

1,078 posts, read 1,076,444 times
^ Christians PICK and CHOOSE which verse of the bible to promote / follow.

If you bring up the above, they will just say, But that's the OLD TESTAMENT. Jesus died for us so that we don't have to follow the laws of the bible.

We are above the law. And we'll go to heaven no matter what. Cause we "believe" that a man pretending to be God's son, died for our sins.

Even though the Old Testament WARNS of a false prophet who would lead people away from God. And look at them now. Praising Jesus every time, instead of God.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:05 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,209,520 times
I'm not sure why everyone is upset about this. It would have been an unconstitutional waste of time. Sometimes reason gets tossed out the window on principle, and sometimes reason presides...like here. CA does have an interesting initiative process but that doesn't mean there shouldn't be guidelines. Like not proposing a bill to shoot a bunch of people.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:37 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,268,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by V8 Vega View Post
Really V8? You really like that bill? Did you read it?

"Seeing that it is better that offenders should die rather than that all of us should be killed by God's just wrath against us for the folly of tolerating-wickedness in our midst, the People of California wisely command, in the fear of God, that any person who willingly touches another person of the same gender for purposes of sexual gratification be put to death by bullets to the head or by any other convenient method."

THAT is some sick $hit
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California