Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2019, 02:07 PM

3 posts, read 1,021 times

Advertisements

I worked for Amazon starting August 3rd-Nov.15. I was terminated for no reason. I was told it was over a altercation that I still have no knowledge of. One of the Amazon workers was having a bad day while working with me in my department. The reason why I know is because I asked him after he threw a carton right next to me. He then had a attitude with me. He said he was irritated. I excused myself and went to the bathroom. There was no altercation. As I went to the bathroom I was approached by Hr near the restroom and they asked if everything was ok and I said yes. I then went to use the bathroom after I got out of the restroom I was approached by Hr and they told me that I need to come to the office to write a statement on what happened for the day. On my statement report I only put that I left my work station and then went to the bathroom and and was approached by Hr if everything is ok. I did not let them know until later that there was a employee that threw a carton next to me and I only asked him one thing if he was ok. He then said he was irritated. I didn't say anything about it because I did not want to get him in trouble. About a month and a half later I sent Amazon human resources a email saying that there was a employee that threw a carton next to me and that told me he was irritated when I asked him if he was ok. They suspended me and sent me home that day until they review the camera tapes stating that I had a altercation with someone when I absolutely did not. They said that they would review the camera tapes and get back to me. They are refusing to pay me unemployment benefits and told EDD that I was in a fight at work. I never had a fight with anyone and have appealed it. My EDD appeal is set for next Thursday for my unemployment benefits. They have never shown me any tapes to show me any fight or altercation. I know by reviewing the surveillance that should definitely prove my innocence. Someone please give me some advise?

Old 03-21-2019, 02:35 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,045,307 times
My advice is look for another job.

Old 03-21-2019, 07:41 PM

Post Unemployment benefits appeal

Why would I look for another job. I have appealed it. I'm trying to get my unemployment benefits.

Old 03-22-2019, 07:49 PM

What would Amazon have to prove at the court hearing for my appeal?

Old 03-24-2019, 02:25 PM

7,785 posts, read 18,833,337 times
You need legal advice, not internet opinion
City-Data Terms of Service: http://www.city-data.com/terms.html
City-Data FAQ: http://www.city-data.com/forum/faq/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California