Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2019, 06:06 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taksan View Post
And with modern CC holsters you would never know ....
I know because the cosplay soldiers and cowboys that I worry about want to make sure that everyone sees their guns.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2019, 06:25 PM

603 posts, read 443,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I know because the cosplay soldiers and cowboys that I worry about want to make sure that everyone sees their guns.
That defeats the purpose... the idea of carrying a firearm for self defense is to conceal the weapon from view until it is needed. Training doctrine is clear that you should never draw your firearm until there is an immediate threat and then only as a last resort. I’ve never drawn my firearm and can honestly only think of two scenarios where I even thought I might of ended up having to.
In many states rural communities open carrying of long guns is commonplace however usually there is a specific purpose for that. Even in free open carry states like Arizona it’s rare to see someone walking down the street carrying openly. In fact it’s something a responsible firearm owner shouldn’t really do even if they are trying to make a 2A point.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:22 PM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
That defeats the purpose... the idea of carrying a firearm for self defense is to conceal the weapon from view until it is needed.
Quote:
And with modern CC holsters you would never know ....
Quote:
I did ... when I started carrying my first Glock.
Please stop derailing the thread with your discussions about guns. Start your own thread if you're so concerned about this issue.

Old 01-31-2019, 07:45 PM

6,507 posts, read 7,538,629 times
Quote:
Yes ... plenty of states have open carry.
Open carry is actually not explicitly forbidden in CA but is in your State where you are supposedly more free.

But I can't imagine someone open carrying any long rifle at Target in any city or town without causing a panic and possibly getting shot themselves.

Old 01-31-2019, 09:06 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,183,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
Open carry is actually not explicitly forbidden in CA but is in your State where you are supposedly more free.

But I can't imagine someone open carrying any long rifle at Target in any city or town without causing a panic and possibly getting shot themselves.
Penal code 26350 makes it illegal to open carry a loaded or unloaded gun in public. And getting a permit to carry is almost impossible. There YouTube videos of people carrying shot guns in Walmart but yea I wouldn't recommend that especially in a blue state.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
Please stop derailing the thread with your discussions about guns. Start your own thread if you're so concerned about this issue.
Oh really? Maybe if you read the thread correctly you might notice that I actually didn’t bring up the issue at all but was specifically asked about it.

Old 01-31-2019, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post

Yes it is ...in both states. But open carry is really a non issue.... nobody should open carry without a specific reason. CCW is another matter.

Old 02-01-2019, 08:11 AM

26,735 posts, read 26,820,948 times
Quote:
Oh really? Maybe if you read the thread correctly you might notice that I actually didn’t bring up the issue at all but was specifically asked about it.
Who cares who brought it up? You went on to bring it up yourself in at least five different posts. And you live in Florida, so why complain about your gun rights here?

Old 02-01-2019, 01:13 PM

3,437 posts, read 3,288,213 times
Quote:
you should never draw your firearm until there is an immediate threat and then only as a last resort
I wonder why our cops don't know that.

shooting a person running away from you? is that a threatening situation?

Old 02-01-2019, 01:23 PM
DKM

6,767 posts, read 3,860,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by payutenyodagimas View Post
I wonder why our cops don't know that.

shooting a person running away from you? is that a threatening situation?

It is if that person has a gun and they used it to commit a crime prior to them running from you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California