Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2008, 09:47 AM

1 posts, read 6,639 times

Advertisements

I am looking to buy a home in Pleasanton specifically in Val Vista. Someone mentioned they thought the Val Vista neighborhood homes had some foundation problems but they weren't clear on the details. Has anyone else heard anything? Would appreciate any info on that neighborhood. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2008, 03:38 PM

8 posts, read 53,128 times
Default Foundation Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by calmom9 View Post
I am looking to buy a home in Pleasanton specifically in Val Vista. Someone mentioned they thought the Val Vista neighborhood homes had some foundation problems but they weren't clear on the details. Has anyone else heard anything? Would appreciate any info on that neighborhood. Thanks!

That area is not as desirable because there is both a water treatment plant in this area and some of the developments built in the northern area did not configure the drainage properly and inturn have settling/foundation issues. I had planned on making some offers in that area but withdrew as soon as I read their disclosure. All of the 5 houses I liked either require immediate foundation work or had foundation work done in the past 3 years. My realtor advised me to plan on inspecting and adjusting the foundation every 3 years or so if I choose the Val Vista or Valley Trails area. So, look elsewhere like San Ramon if you want good schools and houses with a good foundation. That'll save you lots of hassles and money.

Old 11-06-2008, 05:21 PM

1 posts, read 6,295 times
Default alledged founation problems in Valley Trails

I lived in Valley Trails for nearly 26 years (1982-2008) and only heard about a couple of houses with foundation problems and ours was not one of them. I am aware of only one house that had foundation problems severe enough to require rebuilding the foundation. Keep in mind that if a house has a foundation or any other problem, it would show up in the building inspections, so listening to rumors are pointless. Making the assumption that because a couple of houses have had foundation problems, that all have the same problem is also pointless.

Someone mentioned the smell of the sewage plant. They fixed that over 15 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California