Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-13-2010, 09:08 AM

2 posts, read 2,415 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are from Southern Ontario and have moved to Vancouver. We have quickly discovered that we are not big city people. We're students working on getting our degrees, and are thinking of moving to Victoria next year to continue our studies. We currently live in the East side of Van. and have found that there is no sense of community here, very clique-y and too expensive to have any fun w/o going bankrupt. Not to mention it's loud, and quite often, it stinks like garbage.

I know a lot of people think Victoria isn't the place to move for young single people, how about young married people?
This is subjective but, does Victoria have more of a community feel? (In our current building for the last three months, 2 people have said hello but many more have shut the door in my face)
How is the live music scene in Victoria? We aren't fidning much in Van. and we really miss that!
Any other opinions or thoughts about Victoria would be really helpful, I need to now as much as possible before we move again. I really hope this is not going to be another "grass is greener" thing!

Last edited by Notacitygirl13; 08-13-2010 at 09:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2010, 02:03 PM

7 posts, read 116,399 times
Hi There,

I'm sorry to see that no one has replied to this. I'm curious to know people's thoughts as well.. My wife and I (along with our 15 month old daughter) are going to be moving to BC in the spring. It's disappointing to hear you didn't have much luck meeting new people or socializing in Vancouver, as that is something we really are hoping for when we move.

A sense of community is very important to us and I think we may reconsider Vancouver if everyone just keeps to themselves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada