Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2018, 11:13 AM

22,923 posts, read 15,493,436 times

Advertisements

I wonder how other nations feel now that they've been seen to acquiesce to a murderous regime?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsp...RRL?li=AAggNb9

How many of you think they'd have changed their stance had they known what that despotic Prince was going to pull?

We seem to be the subject of bullcrap from multiple "questionable" leaders lately

Last edited by BruSan; 12-08-2018 at 11:23 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2018, 01:24 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,389,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
I wonder how other nations feel now that they've been seen to acquiesce to a murderous regime?

https://www.msn.com/en-ca/news/newsp...RRL?li=AAggNb9

How many of you think they'd have changed their stance had they known what that despotic Prince was going to pull?

We seem to be the subject of bullcrap from multiple "questionable" leaders lately

All the more reason for Canada to quit buying expensive Saudi oil and make use of our own Canadian oil.
An Eastern pipeline would give us independence. It's just stupid not to.

Old 12-08-2018, 03:09 PM
BMI

7,454 posts, read 7,275,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
All the more reason for Canada to quit buying expensive Saudi oil and make use of our own Canadian oil.
An Eastern pipeline would give us independence. It's just stupid not to.
Agree....

The provinces keep shooting themselves in the foot....it’s like 10 separate countries
Eastern pipeline makes a whole lotta sense but not to certain dumb provinces...
Canada is a good country but could be much better...maybe even the best...a real shame.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMI View Post
Agree....

The provinces keep shooting themselves in the foot....it’s like 10 separate countries
Eastern pipeline makes a whole lotta sense but not to certain dumb provinces...
Canada is a good country but could be much better...maybe even the best...a real shame.
The last couple of posts could not have expressed my feelings better had they been sitting at my dinner table listening to me rant!

Look at what we have now; a situation where numerous parties are content to keep asking for more of Ottawa's (taxpayer) largesse (handouts) but who are adamant that any resource extraction be roadblocked up the ying-yang and for all intents and purposes don't seem to mind when Alberta is forced to sell oil at 10$ a barrel to the U.S. while being essentially blocked from selling it at a better price overseas....

This is nuts! If we are at the mercy of larger economic players…...WE DESERVE TO BE!!

Oooh, I feel better now.....thanks for listening.

Old 12-08-2018, 05:28 PM

Now we must endure China threatening us for following our rules of law and extradition treaties with other countries.

Dang, I'm getting tired of this nonsense. What is it with these tyrannical regimes that they think this is the way to foster relations that would benefit all?

Trudeau better start explaining to these thugs that when he says Canada stands on the moral and integrity higher ground and will stay there....he means it and threats will be discerned as indication they aren't interested in being seen as twenty first century societies.

That threat from China should result in Hauweii being declared a pariah and forbidden from operating within our borders if just one aspect of legal misbehaviour can be proven. Perhaps even quietly investigating the practices of other Chinese companies should be undertaken.

Lastly and for only one reason only, that being the rule of law, If the United States cannot prove a prima-facia case for extradition...Canada; after being deemed a security risk to the U.S. and tariffed in thanks for our years of being a good neighbour, should tell the U.S. to pound sand along with the horse they rode in on. NOT in response to China threats but in response to the U.S. bullying us at every turn and seemingly getting away with it.

Gee, two rants in one thread....is that a curmudgeonly record for me?

Old 12-08-2018, 09:37 PM

7,681 posts, read 5,530,949 times
And now Donald Trump Jr. is now hiding out in Canada. Who schedules a hunting trip to Canada in December?
Quote:
“Don is very worried,” the attendee said. According to the source, Don Jr. departed this week on a hunting trip to Canada. “They think the bomb’s coming this week, and he doesn’t want to be anywhere near a microphone if the bomb drops,” the source said.
https://thinkprogress.org/donald-tru...-1da210d03a18/

Old 12-09-2018, 01:26 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,389,157 times
Quote:
Now we must endure China threatening us for following our rules of law and extradition treaties with other countries.

Dang, I'm getting tired of this nonsense. What is it with these tyrannical regimes that they think this is the way to foster relations that would benefit all?

Trudeau better start explaining to these thugs that when he says Canada stands on the moral and integrity higher ground and will stay there....he means it and threats will be discerned as indication they aren't interested in being seen as twenty first century societies.

That threat from China should result in Hauweii being declared a pariah and forbidden from operating within our borders if just one aspect of legal misbehaviour can be proven. Perhaps even quietly investigating the practices of other Chinese companies should be undertaken.

Lastly and for only one reason only, that being the rule of law, If the United States cannot prove a prima-facia case for extradition...Canada; after being deemed a security risk to the U.S. and tariffed in thanks for our years of being a good neighbour, should tell the U.S. to pound sand along with the horse they rode in on. NOT in response to China threats but in response to the U.S. bullying us at every turn and seemingly getting away with it.

Don't worry BruSan, you're just telling the truth. You are very knowledgeable.

Canada is going to be invaded if we can't stand up for ourselves. I wouldn't put it past the USA. They want our natural resources. They are weakening our economy. Then conquest is much easier. Judging from the lack of support from our NATO allies recently, there won't be anybody watching our back. Maybe we need a DMZ at the US-Canadian border?

Our economy is weak. Our confederation is unstable. We have good morals but we can't back it up.
Our military is almost non-existent. Start spending, feds!! Buy new fighters, ships and submarines.
Forget second hand cast offs from other countries. Open the floodgates and build our military up. The world is not a friendly place.

The Huawei company has overtaken the electronics market so it would be very likely that the major electronics companies of the world want to take them down. Corruption and evil and false accusations?

Old 12-09-2018, 03:22 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,560,052 times
Quote:

They were good rants, and just curmudgeonly enough, after all the holidays are approaching. I expect a bit more spit and fire in the New Year

Old 12-09-2018, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natnasci View Post
They were good rants, and just curmudgeonly enough, after all the holidays are approaching. I expect a bit more spit and fire in the New Year
Thanks to both of you.

Sometimes I think....after clicking on the "submit" button,...... oops, went too far and now sound like Joe Pesci delivering one of his scripted tirades.
Not too bad in and of themselves because there's always a smidgeon of humour in a good Pesci rant, but crossing over to a Jack Nicholson "you can't handle the truth" rant would just leave all on here thinking ………. "poor old dear has gone off his meds...…..again".

It's a delicate balance indeed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada