Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2018, 02:52 PM

5,455 posts, read 3,402,294 times

Advertisements

CBC is biased. It does not represent ALL Canadians usually only those provinces who have the biggest cities and largest population. Western Canada (what the central population calls "The Prairies") and the Maritimes don't get much air time. If there is an election in Ontario, it gets hours of full coverage but if the West and E. Coast have a provincial or local election it's not done. CBC is divisive.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2018, 09:15 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,597,154 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
CBC is biased. It does not represent ALL Canadians usually only those provinces who have the biggest cities and largest population. Western Canada (what the central population calls "The Prairies") and the Maritimes don't get much air time. If there is an election in Ontario, it gets hours of full coverage but if the West and E. Coast have a provincial or local election it's not done. CBC is divisive.
The Conservatives wanted to destroy the CBC. Their funding made them make some hard choices and had to cutback on many things. Coverage of more rural areas was one of them.

Can't comment on coverage on the east coast, but they do plenty of coverage on BC's provincial elections.

All media outlets are biased to a point. CBC less so than most IMO.

Old 08-18-2018, 10:24 PM

7,363 posts, read 8,428,983 times
Considering how big Ontario is it is understandable that they would get a big more coverage, but overall I feel the CBC does a great job covering the whole country.

Old 08-20-2018, 03:48 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,389,349 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
Is there a media outlet that pleases all the people all the time?

Old 08-20-2018, 03:55 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,313,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Fox seems to please all the morons that watch it...

Old 08-20-2018, 03:57 PM

9,019 posts, read 14,313,890 times
I don't think anyone here is shocked or didn't know that the CBC has bias in a lot of its programming. That being said, I think their overall news coverage is very good. Almost on par with the BBC. Once you start getting anything political, their Liberal stripes show pretty well. And that totally makes sense. You take care of the hand that feeds you.

Old 08-20-2018, 04:57 PM

9,345 posts, read 4,338,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyyc View Post
I don't think anyone here is shocked or didn't know that the CBC has bias in a lot of its programming. That being said, I think their overall news coverage is very good. Almost on par with the BBC. Once you start getting anything political, their Liberal stripes show pretty well. And that totally makes sense. You take care of the hand that feeds you.
CBC was also accused of being slanted towards the Liberals during the Harper era when the board we mostly conservative appointed.

I bet all media covers the city of Toronto elections more than the town elections of Sudbury and Moose Factory combined. ☺

Old 08-20-2018, 05:05 PM

1,395 posts, read 2,528,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post
CBC was also accused of being slanted towards the Liberals during the Harper era when the board we mostly conservative appointed.
The board may well have been, but the institution itself and its employees ....

I do detect an enthusiasm for Trudeau and for some Liberals in CBC programming. Absolutely. The CBC also tends to be unusually keen about the NDP and some fringe parties like the Greens.

Last edited by maclock; 08-20-2018 at 05:23 PM.. Reason: Sleepy brain ....

Old 08-20-2018, 08:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post

The CBC is funded by the federal government so they own it. It is media outlet I pay for so I have reason to complain.

Old 08-20-2018, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by badlander View Post

I bet all media covers the city of Toronto elections more than the town elections of Sudbury and Moose Factory combined. ☺
I am not talking about all media I am talking about the federally funded CBC.

Don't hide under the veil of a smiley emoji ! You said very clearly that Toronto elections are more newsworthy than Sudbury or Moose Factory. And you have made my original point for me. Basically I could give a damn about holier than thou TO.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada