Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2019, 06:22 PM

587 posts, read 426,369 times

Advertisements

Leader of one of the most racially-harmonious countries in the world, "brown faced" pic revealed!

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/world/j...photo-n1056151
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2019, 07:48 PM

81 posts, read 101,626 times
Disgusting, but not surprised at all. Unfortunately this is a typically Canadian.

Present yourself as the ally of minorities when it is only done to so you can claim moral superiority over others.

I never believed for a second that Justin is the proponent of anti-racism that he constantly proclaims himself to be.This style of manipulating minorities for moral high ground gets really, really, old after a time. I'm glad the truth about this hypocrite has become even more obvious.

He is a gigantic embarrassment to Canada.

Old 09-18-2019, 08:02 PM

587 posts, read 426,369 times
Canada is certainly not immune from racial tensions! But it is considered one of the most racially harmonious in the world..so
that the leader of Canada could subject himself to painting his skin like that..is appalling!
It is interesting it took 19 years for the pic to be revealed.

Well, the Virginia governor's "blackface" pic leaked 35 years later..

Old 09-18-2019, 08:08 PM

14,735 posts, read 15,163,162 times
So he's getting castigated for dressing in an Arabian costume and painting his face dark for an Arabian Nights themed costume party 18 years ago? I think it's really stupid nonsense for the PC whoosies to be getting upset about silly stuff like that.

So I wonder about all this new PC stuff now, and wonder who started all this BS anyway, and what will be next?

Are actors who have worn or still wear makeup for their roles in films and plays from decades ago up to today all going to be next to get castigated for applying theatrical makeup to their faces in all the different colours of flesh tones of the characters that they play?

What about all the people (including clowns) who dress up in costumes and paint their faces for other types of galas, fancy festivals and parades, and costume themed parties for Halloween (that's including the little children too), will they all be accused now of intolerance and discrimination for altering the appearance of their own skin tones with paints?

Who will be next in the firing line after that - people who have tattoos on their skin? Are tattoo artists and ink and face paint manufacturers all going to be forced out of business? No more rainbow face paints for Gay Pride parades? What about all the cosmetics industries who produce concealers, blushes, lipsticks and eye shadows, are they going to be on their way out the door in the not too distant future? How about the people who manufacture hair colour dyes?

For one Halloween party about 30 years ago I painted my face entirely pure white because I was dressing up as a Japanese Kabuki Punk Rocker Ghost - oh the horror of it for me to have been so discriminating against ghosts! How will I ever live it down?

Is it okay for me to paint my face purple or green or scarlet if I want to dress up as an eggplant, or broccoli, or a tomato? Or will I be offending and showing intolerance for all those vegetables? What about if I want to dress up as a carrot and paint my face orange - will I be inadvertently discriminating and intolerant of mentally deficient politicians? If I dress up as a zebra and paint my face in black and white stripes will it be mistaken by the PC whoosies to mean I'm being discriminating against all white skinned and all black skinned people, or am I just discriminating against zebras? Will people have to stop making promotional commercials or animated cartoons that depict other people or animals or plants with different skin colours?

Where oh where will all this sillybuggers nonsense ever end?

Old 09-18-2019, 08:15 PM

5,123 posts, read 2,074,710 times
Why I have an eerie feeling then that photo of Trudeau will become a new meme?

Old 09-18-2019, 08:37 PM

81 posts, read 101,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post
So he's getting castigated for dressing in an Arabian costume and painting his face dark for an Arabian Nights themed costume party 18 years ago? I think it's really stupid nonsense for the PC whoosies to be getting upset about silly stuff like that.

So I wonder about all this new PC stuff now, and wonder who started all this BS anyway, and what will be next?

Are actors who have worn or still wear makeup for their roles in films and plays from decades ago up to today all going to be next to get castigated for applying theatrical makeup to their faces in all the different colours of flesh tones of the characters that they play?

What about all the people (including clowns) who dress up in costumes and paint their faces for other types of galas, fancy festivals and parades, and costume themed parties for Halloween (that's including the little children too), will they all be accused now of intolerance and discrimination for altering the appearance of their own skin tones with paints?

Who will be next in the firing line after that - people who have tattoos on their skin? Are tattoo artists and ink and face paint manufacturers all going to be forced out of business? No more rainbow face paints for Gay Pride parades? What about all the cosmetics industries who produce concealers, blushes, lipsticks and eye shadows, are they going to be on their way out the door in the not too distant future? How about the people who manufacture hair colour dyes?

For one Halloween party about 30 years ago I painted my face entirely pure white because I was dressing up as a Japanese Kabuki Punk Rocker Ghost - oh the horror of it for me to have been so discriminating against ghosts! How will I ever live it down?

Is it okay for me to paint my face purple or green or scarlet if I want to dress up as an eggplant, or broccoli, or a tomato? Or will I be offending and showing intolerance for all those vegetables? What about if I want to dress up as a carrot and paint my face orange - will I be inadvertently discriminating and intolerant of mentally deficient politicians? If I dress up as a zebra and paint my face in black and white stripes will it be mistaken by the PC whoosies to mean I'm being discriminating against all white skinned and all black skinned people, or am I just discriminating against zebras? Will people have to stop making promotional commercials or animated cartoons that depict other people or animals or plants with different skin colours?

He's the prime minister of Canada. He's not running a hot dog stand.

- Justin has displayed himself as completely out of tune with the values he claims to stand for, and true Canadian values, that makes him a hypocrite.

- He has admitted to doing this multiple times, another time while singing "Banana Boat Song (Day-O)"

If someone else did this Justin would be the very first person to point the finger and shame them, calling them racist and lecturing them like a schoolchild.

But he gets to be treated specially? I can't trust this guy any longer.

Telling minorities, LGBT or women to just "get over it" isn't part of my Canada and should have no place here.

If we followed the "get over it" logic then women would still be owned by men, brown/black Canadians would still be subordinate to whites.

Is that really the Canada you want to create?

Old 09-18-2019, 08:50 PM

7,490 posts, read 4,986,542 times
What I don't understand is why Muslims need an apology. It's a weird photo because Trudeau is the Arabian Knight, and all the women are white? What's that about? What about all the rest of the Middle East people who are not Muslim? What about all the other people with dark skin? Why hasn't Trudeau apologized to white women who are portrayed as slaves of the Muslim man?

What's all this about slavery? Is that an Arabian Knights issue? Are all African Americans Muslim? Where does Oriental Mythology fit?
"The National Council of Canadian Muslims wasted little time calling on Trudeau to explain the “deeply saddening†photo.

“The wearing of blackface/brownface is reprehensible, and hearkens back to a history of racism, slavery, and an Orientalist mythology that is unacceptable,†said executive director Mustafa Farooq."
https://theprovince.com/news/local-n...1-3ab9f3d1ac8a

Old 09-18-2019, 08:56 PM

6,928 posts, read 5,932,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoisite View Post

I see nothing at all wrong with what he did.
But since it is liberals who have given us this Dilbert-meets-Kafka regime known as Political Correctness, there is sweet justice in what is happening.

(By the way, is your spirit ALWAYS so forgiving??...........how about with Tory foibles??.........)

Old 09-18-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by limelightkid View Post
He's the prime minister of Canada. He's not running a hot dog stand.

- Justin has displayed himself as completely out of tune with the values he claims to stand for, and true Canadian values, that makes him a hypocrite.

- He has admitted to doing this multiple times, another time while singing "Banana Boat Song (Day-O)"

If someone else did this Justin would be the very first person to point the finger and shame them, calling them racist and lecturing them like a schoolchild.

But he gets to be treated specially? I can't trust this guy any longer.

Telling minorities, LGBT or women to just "get over it" isn't part of my Canada and should have no place here.

If we followed the "get over it" logic then women would still be owned by men, brown/black Canadians would still be subordinate to whites.

Is that really the Canada you want to create?
He cannot be trusted. It should not be lost on anyone that he appointed one of his token Indigenous people to the position of Attorney General with the full expectation that he could treat her like a puppet. She didn't allow that to happen, but he expected it and has done everything in his power, as the leader of the country, to prevent Canadians from knowing the level of corruption in his government.

Canada is a melting pot, not a mosaic. Canada had a culture well before foreigners accepted this fact. Canadians do not want a corrupt government in office.

Old 09-18-2019, 09:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maineguy8888 View Post
I see nothing at all wrong with what he did.
But since it is liberals who have given us this Dilbert-meets-Kafka regime known as Political Correctness, there is sweet justice in what is happening.

(By the way, is your spirit ALWAYS so forgiving??...........how about with Tory foibles??.........)
I have a problem with the fact that they, a group of teachers, are portraying Aladdin's women as white when they all obviously had access to the theatrical paint and costumes. Are they teaching children that Aladdin's wife-slaves were white women?

Trudeau is not in a Kafka world. He knows perfectly well what he did wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada