Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-12-2008, 08:13 AM

4 posts, read 9,178 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My boyfriend and myself applied (the initial application) for Permanent Residency from Ireland last August (skilled worker visa) We paid our fee and have heard absolutley nothing back, not even acknowledgement over our payment. I know the processing time anywhere from about 36 months but I'm just wondering has anyone heard back within that timeframe. I applied through the UK office.

Thanks

Paulsgirl.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-21-2008, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 2,743 times
Recently my friend applied for PR, he got a letter of confirmation after 9 months stating that the processing time is 3 years for his application. Unfortunately the Irish Govt is not investing in naturalization system at all. The "Highly Skilled workers" Pay TAX + (Newly Introduced Levy) like all other Irish citizens. They are only interested in using "Highly Skilled workers" , and when they are entitled for Permanent Residency(PR) after 5 years, They assure that the tactics they use will give them full grip on the life of "Foreign Skilled worker" by using delaying tactics for PR process. One of my colleagues in a IT company has decided not to apply for PR and will be leaving Ireland due to this stupid and unfair waiting. When we pay 42% tax for 5 years in Ireland, and afterwards get the news that our of application of PR will be printed out and presented to minister of justics after 2 years 11 months and 29 days, and then he will decide if he should proceed, is totally unacceptable delay. It looks like that the government have no plans to invest and reduce the waiting time for permanent residency.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Canada