Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-22-2014, 10:47 AM

4,067 posts, read 2,273,714 times

Advertisements

Ode to Toonces

My sweet kitty Toonces just recently passed away. He was 15 years and had a very active life! I just had to share the highlights because he was so entertaining.
Background: I saw Toonces at Petsmart where you can adopt a pet. I wasn’t looking for one but he was just too cute! He originally was a barn yard kitty named Hercules but he looked more like Toonces from the SNL skit. If you haven’t seen, it’s a must see on youtube.
I got him because my other cat Puddy needed a playmate but instead of loving on each other, Toonces was his arch nemesis. He would sit on him, leap off furniture to attack him, eat his fur for fun…poor Puddy!

What made him special:
He squeaked when you picked him up!
He loved Cheetos
He would sit between David (my husband) and I to watch movies (his favorite was Eight Below about the Alaskan huskies)
He didn’t sit down, he would flop over
He loved to torture the other cats (loved)
He loved to be petted but not below the neck area
He hated to be picked up
When he wanted to be loved, he was in your face about it. Like right by your ear meowing as loud as possible and wanting to sit on your lap even though he was too big to fit.

Cute Stories:
One night I was brushing my teeth and got this image in the mirror…Puddy was drinking from a water bowl and Toonces was behind the door, hiding. Every time Puddy bent down to drink, Toonces would pop him on the head with his paw but pull it back real fast. It took Puddy a couple of times to realize what was going on after a couple of smacks!

One night he was walking funny. Upon closer examination I discovered that he put his whole front leg through his collar. I have yet to figure out how that happened.

He got his paw stuck in the VCR one evening!

I had a cool table made out of 3 stone fish that came together, when he was little he could jump through the opening but then he got too big. He got stuck one day and I had to push him through…kinda like when Winnie-the-Poo ate too much honey. He didn’t try that again.

One night I awoke to some horrible kitty screeching. Toonces had stuck his head in a gift bag and got it stuck. He was bouncing all over the place and actually rolled down the stairs.

I came back from vacation once to find that he got stuck inside a wall (long story) and I had to tear part of it down to get him out.

Even though I bought him, he truly was David’s kitty. He LOVED him!
Love you Toonces! Have fun in heaven and don’t torture Puddy too much.

ALIASES:
Toonce E. Poonce (E is for Edwards)
Tooncey
Poonce Pie
Bunny Face
Angel Kitty
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-22-2014, 11:40 AM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
I always hate to hear of a beloved pet passing away. Sounds like he was a special cat, and I know you miss him terribly. So sorry for your loss, and thanks for sharing his story.

Bill

Old 02-22-2014, 11:44 AM

Default Pictures

Ode to Toonces-toonces-3.jpg

Ode to Toonces-toonces-2.jpg

Ode to Toonces-toonces-1.jpg

Old 02-22-2014, 11:46 AM

Default Thx

Thanks Cat Dad! Thinking of the good times and celebrating his life is the best medicine for a broken heart.

Old 02-22-2014, 12:37 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,369,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SandraMoore66 View Post
Thanks Cat Dad! Thinking of the good times and celebrating his life is the best medicine for a broken heart.
He was a handsome fellow. You will see him again at the Bridge.

Old 02-22-2014, 01:24 PM

7,329 posts, read 16,425,831 times
I'm so sorry about Toonces. (love the name!) Thank you for sharing the stories and pictures. He was a beautiful boy and it sounds like you all had a beautiful life together.

Old 02-22-2014, 05:21 PM

Default Thanks!

Thanks guys! And for anyone who has recently lost a pet, I highly recommend writing a short story about them. It's great therapy and really helps ease the loss.

Old 02-22-2014, 10:16 PM

2,186 posts, read 4,573,621 times
I am so sorry about the loss of your precious boy Toonces and how wonderful it is for you to share your memories and stories of him with all of us. I know it's good medicine but it's really hard to do especially when the loss is very new. He was a very handsome boy and it sounds like he had you and your husband very well trained. Poor Puddy - being tortured like that!!! I'm very glad that you two found each other when you did and made all of those good times possible. Just being in the right place, and open to the possibility of a new challenge can make all the difference in two lives - you weren't looking for a kitty that day - but there you were - and there he was. It was kismet!!! Also, thank you for adopting a shelter kitty, and I do hope in time that your heart will lead you back to perhaps rescue another little furball that will capture your heart for another 15 years! I remember the SNL skits and always thought Toonces would be a wonderful name for a kitty - and so it was. Take care of yourselves now too - hearts need time to heal and mend.

Old 02-23-2014, 02:26 PM

24,541 posts, read 10,859,092 times
Thank you so much for sharing Toonces's life. He was a card! I hope you find in due time another shelter furry to share your life with.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:43 PM

As a matter of fact we will be looking in the next couple of weeks. Will keep you posted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats