Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-22-2011, 08:30 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times

Advertisements

For the past several days, Leo, the fierce mouse hunter, has been stalking his prey. There has been a mouse in the house and although we had not seen him, Leo knew he was there and was hot on his trail.

Last night we had a big rain storm and so I wore my rain "booties" into the house.

(you know what's coming don't you?)

This morning, I went to put on my rain "booties", and there was something in one of them. I thought...Oh, maybe the inner sole of the shoe had come loose and crinkled up like they sometimes do. "I'll just stick my hand down in there and straighten it out".....

Wait, there was something IN my rain "bootie". Oh, probably a cat toy, ha ha, those silly cats.

[dead] Mouse. In. Rain "bootie".

You should have seen the smile on Leo's face when I realized what it was and screamed bloody murder. (Not because I am afraid of mice, but because it was the LAST thing I expected to find there).

Quite a morning. Gotta love those little mouse-killers. LOL

(note to self: shake all footwear before placing on foot).

20yrsinBranson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-22-2011, 09:24 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,834,060 times
My big toe was killing me.
I could hardly walk.

While I was on the phone trying to get an appointment with the foot doctor, I took off my shoe to rub my sore toe.

A kitty ball, a wire twist tie, and a little pine cone fell out.
I was cured.

Old 11-22-2011, 09:29 AM

2,727 posts, read 6,154,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Freddy View Post
My big toe was killing me.
I could hardly walk.

While I was on the phone trying to get an appointment with the foot doctor, I took off my shoe to rub my sore toe.

A kitty ball, a wire twist tie, and a little pine cone fell out.
I was cured.

Ha! Same kinda thing happened to me. I slid my feet into my work shoes and winced in pain. Took my shoe off, looked inside and found a mouse with the whiskers that poked my toes. Took them out, put my shoe on and slid my other foot into the other shoe. Not comfortable, and I assumed my socks had bunched up at the toe somehow. When to fix it, and another cat toy fell out. LOL

Old 11-22-2011, 02:15 PM

3,712 posts, read 11,037,076 times
lol! I am so thankful that none of my cats leaves presents in my footwear.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:00 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Funny about the mouse, because our cat picked up a live mouse, by the tail, and purposefully put it in my husband's boot. He would peer in the boot to see the mouse, intently watch the boot. It was like he wanted to put the mousie in a safe place where he could enjoy it all day. Very interesting...he did not eat mousies, they were just toys.

Old 11-22-2011, 03:17 PM

1,322 posts, read 4,238,441 times
my little guys sometimes send me to work with surprises. i would wear sneakers on the way to the train station and keep my work shoes in my bag. a few times during the night the cats have dropped their little toy mice (we call them meece) into my shoes so the next day when i go to put them on at work... surprise. always made me smile.

Old 11-23-2011, 09:06 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,171,483 times
You should have seen the proud expression on my Gizmo's face when we found his present of a Five-Lined Skink.

Old 11-23-2011, 11:00 AM

1,457 posts, read 4,055,578 times
Even though it's funny, I would have had a heart attack if it was me! I'm with WannaComeHome on this one. When I find lizards in my house or patio, I scream because they run so fast they scare the you-know-what out of me, and I used to play with them growing up...not anymore.

Old 11-23-2011, 08:33 PM

15,852 posts, read 35,139,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasper12 View Post
Very interesting...he did not eat mousies, they were just toys.
None of my cats have ever demonstrated a desire for mouse-munching. The shoe mouse was fully intact without so much as a single fang mark to be found. My father-in-law used to say that the cat "worries" a mouse to death. And I think this was the case. In the past we have had mouse incidents and as soon as the little thing stops moving the cats loose interest pretty quickly. It's obvious that they are entertainment only and not considered food.

Sad really, in the wild, if my cats couldn't find something that was already dead to eat, they'd probably starve to death.

20yrsinBranson

Old 04-22-2012, 11:38 AM

7,975 posts, read 7,353,461 times
Sorry, I know this is an old post, but I found it, read it, and it has made me laught so HARD. Especially the mouse in the shoe. Our senior cat did that to my oldest daughter, years ago - put a dead mouse in her shoe. That look of disgust on her face - I'll never forget it. She always had huge issues with our cats killing things. I think Bertha had that in mind when she did it.

Our little tom ("Ball S**k) loves to play with those plastic seals around the lids of a new milk container. You remove it, and it is a perfect small hoop. He goes crazy for them - smacks them around, flips them up in the air, knocks them around the floor. One day, I went back to the shed area off my back porch where I keep my gardening tools and supplies, seeds, etc and found stuff scattered everywhere and seeds spilled all over the floor. I knew who was responsible when I looked in one of the seed containers and found a plastic milk seal hoop inside of it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats