Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2012, 11:24 AM

2,873 posts, read 5,852,616 times

Advertisements

Can you imagine your cats if they were human? Describe whatever hits you...personality, looks, job, etc.

And yes, clearly I have given way too much thought to this.

JJ- A tow-headed barefoot country kid with a wheat stalk hanging out of his mouth and a slingshot in his pocket. Freckled under his sunburn. Brings home frogs in his overalls and doesn't understand why momma doesn't like his presents. Greets his momma with a big hug and a quick "I love you" every morning before dashing out and letting the back door slam behind him.

Robin- An auntie with the best lap and hugs that smell like cookie dough. Curly hair and round cheeks. Not the type to be fussy...her kitchen would dusted with flour and the pots would be boiling over on the stove. Get her tipsy and she'll sing Frank Sinatra at the top of her lungs.

Heather- A teenage pop star who can't admit her diva days are already done. Expects the best and isn't afraid to throw a tantrum until she gets it. A tiny thing who wears high heels to make herself taller. ALWAYS has a hand on her hip. Makes a show of shrieking when JJ puts spiders in her bed but is already planning her revenge.

Nic- The perfect gentlemen. Always dapper in a tailored suit and tie. Doesn't put on airs...he's chivalrous without being cloying, reserved without being snooty. His secret hobbies are gambling on the ponies and showering his younger lover with expensive gifts, because even a gentleman has his vices.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2012, 04:13 PM

18,836 posts, read 37,368,760 times
Jasper, as a person? Hmm...perhaps a pesky younger brother, who always wants to be with you, and see what you are doing, even when you are doing nothing.

Old 07-26-2012, 09:14 PM

2,401 posts, read 4,685,123 times
Pepper as a person...
She'd be a manipulator "romeo" Einstein (so charismatic she'd steal the heart of most)... seriously.

My cat understand most of what we talk & can voice (her own name, my DD can verify that though I never heard it).
Did say NO, Out, WantOut (when begging), understand "In", "tuna fish" (specific to can tuna not just food in general), "treats" (for treats), "food" (for food).
She knows "nite-nite" (bed time). Add... knows "peek-a-boo" means game of sneak & peek.
Comes when called "come" always come a "lopping" (galloping full speed) when I called.
Can clearly signal us to "follow her".
She learned how to walk by me whenever I go gardening.
She does not cross the road or go near cars (learned / trained from young) unless going for vacation or vet visits.
She can easily walk on a leash (but trained to the point where she no-longer have to = voice command to come).

Easily play peek-a-boo with us.
(yeah... she can even trick us & sneak up on us; how smart she is)
Laser toy bored her after a while
(I also observed with higher intelligence, DD & kitty tend to be easily bored {like my child needing that harder reading material at that certain age & no longer interested in baby books} not easily entertained unless its their own idea).
She "hangs out" whenever there is visitors (yah, like she is entertaining guests herself too).
{happened when my bro. visits, or neighbours}
She hangs out during family TV time too.

Due to her love of our family, she is never afraid of humans... with us, there are only cuddles & tons of it.
Yeah, I am missing her right now.

Last edited by hueyeats; 07-26-2012 at 09:30 PM..

Old 07-27-2012, 12:20 AM

1,881 posts, read 3,353,770 times
if edgar was a two legger, i imagine he would be one of the deep-yet-torrid types. probably ride a motorcycle. probably read alot. stare off into the distance saying pseudo philosophical things. hehe.

and i think he would be a good sewer. this is silliness personified, but i sing a song to him all the time by the who, "mary ann with the shaky hands". there is a bit in there that says, "mary is so pretty, the prettiest in the land, guys come from every city just to shake her shaky hands...linda can cook, jean reads books, suzy can sew, but i'd rather know, mary ann w/ the shaky hands"

but of course i change it to "kitty is so pretty....", and at the end, i say, "edgar can sew". i don't know why. and i always laugh. so he would definitely have to sew! : P

Old 07-27-2012, 09:05 PM

3,463 posts, read 5,661,722 times
Have you ever been to a cat show ?
It's interesting to note how many people look just like their cats. Or, is it the other way around ??

Old 07-27-2012, 09:35 PM

6,591 posts, read 24,864,343 times
Tempi, shed be an indpendant slightly standoffish "exotic" business woman who secretly craves nothign but love.
shes a tough cookie who doesnt take no for an answer and "gets the job done" but when she comes home form work she just wants to snuggle.

Willow...teenage diva with a bit of an entitlement issue, and yet deep down shes a good kid who, when she focuses is REALY good at anythign she puts her mind too...

as a side note, if cats had thumbs...wed all be in big trouble...
im pretty certain my ability to open the cat food can is the ONLY reason im still alive today.

Old 07-28-2012, 07:38 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
Patty, petite and refined, always very well dressed. Wears only designer clothing from expensive shops, where she doesn't hesitate to make a scene if she's unhappy about something. "I need to speak to your manager. Now!!" Has an affectionate side, but really only shows her softer side to her parents. An office manager who is somewhat feared by her employees.
Mickey, a chubby, ungainly kid with perpetual stains on his t-shirt, and often popsicle stains around his mouth. Would always be the last one chosen for teams, except that he's everybody's friend, and his buddies always include him. They make jokes about his clumsiness though. Not the best student, but not the worst, steady and plodding.
The description of JJ fits Dusty to a tee, and he's an orange tabby too. ETA, I picture Dusty as Opie from Andy Griffith, with a little more mischeif in him.

Last edited by subject2change; 07-28-2012 at 08:01 AM..

Old 07-28-2012, 08:31 PM

2,873 posts, read 5,852,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subject2change View Post
Patty, petite and refined, always very well dressed. Wears only designer clothing from expensive shops, where she doesn't hesitate to make a scene if she's unhappy about something. "I need to speak to your manager. Now!!" Has an affectionate side, but really only shows her softer side to her parents. An office manager who is somewhat feared by her employees.
Mickey, a chubby, ungainly kid with perpetual stains on his t-shirt, and often popsicle stains around his mouth. Would always be the last one chosen for teams, except that he's everybody's friend, and his buddies always include him. They make jokes about his clumsiness though. Not the best student, but not the worst, steady and plodding.
The description of JJ fits Dusty to a tee, and he's an orange tabby too. ETA, I picture Dusty as Opie from Andy Griffith, with a little more mischeif in him.
It's an orange tabby thing, isn't it? They must all carry the mischief gene. Opie fits to a tee...I also like the pictures of the two boys on this page...

Country Boys – Tamworth nsw portrait photography | Amanda Keeys Photography: BLOG

The photos have the whole range of emotion that JJ cycles through every five minutes, including the angelic 'who, me?' phase.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:46 AM

11,523 posts, read 14,661,494 times
My Calico would have opened cans of tuna fish on her own if she had thumbs. She'd wake up from a sound sleep in the other room to get a bite. I used to have to go in the garage to open it if I wanted any for myself.

Old 08-01-2012, 12:58 PM

2,888 posts, read 6,540,413 times
Our polydactyl boy had thumbs. He would play with flour tortillas - tossing them like pizza dough. He would have owned a pizza shop. He would nod when you entered the room to acknowledge your presence. All the ladies would have loved him. He was a smooth talker and could find his way into your bed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats