Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-26-2012, 05:04 AM

5,346 posts, read 9,850,819 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshineleith View Post
I'll offer a 4th thumbs up for Dyson. My Dyson is fabulous with cat hair. The label on it actually says "Dyson Absolute" DC27 Animal and small print says it is excellent for all types of animal hair. I love it. They last forever so even if they are a bit pricey (I didn't find it was personally, but I am not sure what other brands people considered in comparison) they are worth the money for years of cat hair suction LOL. They do a great job on florrs as well - quick little flip of the wheel to floor option - I have hardwood and carpet and am well pleased by this machine.

Buy DYSON DC27 ANIMAL | BAGLESS UPRIGHT CLEANER - Upright Vacuum Cleaners | Comet
I will second this. I bought two, one for each floor. Best ever, and I tried many other vacuums.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-26-2012, 05:45 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
If you don't want to spend all that money on a Dyson check out the Hoover WindTunnel Bagless (green vacuum). I had a Dyson Animal that finally gave out and decided to experiment on a cheaper vacuum as the technology has supposedly improved on other vacuums trying to compete with Dyson. I can say for $129 I was pleasantly surprised. For an upright it works great on bare floors and really sucks up pet hair quite effectively on all surfaces.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:34 AM

2,331 posts, read 1,995,260 times
I'm gonna cast a vote for Kirby. I used my 1st Kirby about 30 years ago - I lived in an apt and borrowed my neighbors. I love them. They last forever - and can be repaired when they break. Brand new ones are very expensive, but I don't think there is a better vacuum. Best strategy in my opinion is to buy a used one from a dealer. The dealer will have refurbished any parts that needed fixing. They've always been good, and I think the ones 10 years old or less are HEPA level clean.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:43 AM

786 posts, read 1,592,846 times
We have a lithium battery operated Hoover Linx, love it, it's light and because we vacuum about every other day, it's light weight, no cords, and it sucks hair up from our 2 cats on hard surfaces very well, otherwise I think it's hard to beat a Kenmore canister model.

Old 10-28-2012, 04:40 PM

13,768 posts, read 38,183,403 times
I have a Shark and I love it. It works great with my 7 dogs and 6 cats.

I like that it doesn't have any belts and no filters to buy. There is one filter but you can rinse it out with water.

Old 10-28-2012, 08:30 PM

43,011 posts, read 108,004,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
If you don't want to spend all that money on a Dyson check out the Hoover WindTunnel Bagless (green vacuum). I had a Dyson Animal that finally gave out and decided to experiment on a cheaper vacuum as the technology has supposedly improved on other vacuums trying to compete with Dyson. I can say for $129 I was pleasantly surprised. For an upright it works great on bare floors and really sucks up pet hair quite effectively on all surfaces.
How long have you owned the Hoover?

Old 10-29-2012, 01:08 AM

2,087 posts, read 4,283,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keeper View Post
I have a Shark and I love it. It works great with my 7 dogs and 6 cats.

I like that it doesn't have any belts and no filters to buy. There is one filter but you can rinse it out with water.
Quote:
Originally Posted by leanansidhex View Post
I Hate my Shark Navigator Lift Away Pro ... too late to return it ... but I may try an unorthodox approach to get a refund ... as soon as I come up with a plan
I must have a defect Shark, I can go over the same area (hardwood floor) 3 times and there is still debris left, I finally just give up and wipe the floor up with a wet microfiber cloth. The suction feels fine, I've checked for "blockages" and it's Loud, even for a vacuum, and it's awkward to use, seems flimsy.

$200 vacuum and I'm on my hands and knees, cleaning with a wet rag instead of vacuuming in ballet flats.

Old 10-29-2012, 05:19 AM

27,163 posts, read 43,857,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopes View Post
How long have you owned the Hoover?
Almost two years and still running great.

Old 10-30-2012, 11:39 AM

7,201 posts, read 14,983,104 times
I have a large bagless Dirt Devil w/hepa filter. It gets the cat hair up like nobody's business. I bought it a few years ago when the old vacuum gave up the ghost. I can't recall what I paid for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats