Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2014, 08:28 AM

36,499 posts, read 54,100,559 times

Advertisements

Kitty Sitting Up Watching a Movie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 08:55 AM

10,908 posts, read 9,558,564 times
How does your cat watch TV

Oh yes, especially when that Animal Planet show "Too Cute" is on and featuring kittens.

Old 02-03-2014, 09:33 AM

4,676 posts, read 9,995,880 times
Lily sits on the couch next to me propped up between the arm rest and a throw pillow. Such a princess. Of course that means that I can't stretch out and have to remain in an upright position to watch.

Charcoal hasn't been too interested in watching tv though.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:10 AM

7,329 posts, read 16,427,629 times
That kitty's got it made! None of mine have really watched tv since they were kittens, but one watches a lot of videos on the computer. He's sitting here on the table right now, waiting for me to put one on.

Old 02-03-2014, 07:25 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Curled up in my lap...... asleep.
None of my cats (with one exception) has ever paid any attention to the tv. My boy Bucky (Rainbow Bridge- 2012) watched it a few times when he was a kitten because he had a crush on our local evening news lady. They will watch it if there's a bug on the screen though.

Old 02-03-2014, 10:15 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
Some cats are oblivious to TV, I could hold them up in front of it and they look right past it as if it isn't there. But Snowball came to the house before I adopted her out and she immediately was entranced by tv. She would sit there and stare at the screen and paw at what was going on. She was the first cat I have ever seen who was really into it.

My Son adopted a cat and it would watch tv with him and get all puffed up when it saw another cat on tv, as if it was mad at it. He would look over and his cat was 3 times it's normal size .

Don

Old 02-04-2014, 10:51 AM

369 posts, read 760,165 times
Toby ignores the tv, but he did get interested once in a video of kittens I was watching on my laptop. He kept peering behind the laptop trying to figure out where they were. If he's sitting next to me he also likes to watch the cursor move around the screen. Neptune, however, is frequently mesmerized by movement and shiny objects on the tv. I was watching whatever awards show was on a few weeks ago, the Golden Globes I think, and he was staring at a woman giving an acceptance speech, and I finally realized it was her sequined dress that was fascinating him. His favorite things to watch are aerial views of cars driving down a street, Star Trek (the ships flying and the shiny communicator badges), and the little dots that move across the screen when I start up Netflix on my tv. He often jumps up on the tv stand and paws at these things trying to get them.

Old 02-04-2014, 11:09 AM

2,186 posts, read 4,574,372 times
Several of our "kids" will sit on the floor in front of the tv apparently enraptured by whatever is on the screen. I suspect it's movement because DH was watching sports one evening and Willie was hovering by the screen, with a paw on the screen, running back and forth as the players did. Before our old tv went kaput Willie used to lay on top of it with his head hanging over the side and he would watch it upside down. From our viewpoint, we were seeing his little upside down ears v-v and head swiveling back and forth and it was hilarious. He would occasionally look up at us with such a look on his face like..."what?", then go back to his show. He's a lot better to watch than a lot of broadcast tv is!!!

Old 02-04-2014, 12:06 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFoulke View Post
Several of our "kids" will sit on the floor in front of the tv apparently enraptured by whatever is on the screen. I suspect it's movement because DH was watching sports one evening and Willie was hovering by the screen, with a paw on the screen, running back and forth as the players did. Before our old tv went kaput Willie used to lay on top of it with his head hanging over the side and he would watch it upside down. From our viewpoint, we were seeing his little upside down ears v-v and head swiveling back and forth and it was hilarious. He would occasionally look up at us with such a look on his face like..."what?", then go back to his show. He's a lot better to watch than a lot of broadcast tv is!!!
Brings new meaning to the phrase 'Kitty TV'.
LOL.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats