Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-26-2009, 11:11 AM

41 posts, read 448,246 times

Advertisements

I am concerned about this formula especially the garlic
should I be?

[CENTER]
GUARANTEED ANALYSIS [/CENTER]
Crude Protein (Min)
35.0 %

Crude Fat (Min)
15.5 %

Crude Fiber (Max)
3.0 %

Moisture (Max)
12.0 %

Taurine (Min)
.0 30%

Ingredients:
Chicken, Chicken Giblets, Poultry Fat, Corn Gluten Meal, Ground Brown Rice, Ground Wheat, Ground Corn, Ground Oat Groats, Wheat Gluten, Whole Egg, DL-Methionine, Salt, Taurine, Lecithin, Citric Acid, Coconut Natura Extractives of Sage & Rosemary, Dried Kelp, Garlic, Black Pepper, Artichoke, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Product, Dried Enterococcus faecium Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus acidophilus Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus casei Fermentation Product, Dried Lactobacillus lactis Fermentation Product, Dried Yeast Culture, Dried Aspergillus niger Fermentation Product, Dried Aspergillus oryzae Fermentation Product, Ascorbic Acid, Zinc Proteinate, Iron Proteinate, Vitamin E Supplement, Niacin Supplement, Manganese Proteinate, Calcium Pantothenate, Thiamine Mononitrate, Copper Proteinate, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride, Riboflavin Supplement, Vitamin A Acetate, Folic Acid, Biotin, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Vitamin D3 Supplement.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-26-2009, 12:52 PM

2,029 posts, read 4,038,950 times
If it were me I would not use it for the simple fact that it does have garlic. I am in no way an expert but I know that garlic is a no-no for cats. At least that is what I have read. Maybe you could call your vet and ask what they think.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:41 PM

1,280 posts, read 6,979,304 times
Here is the link to the aspca's poison control website.

People Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Pets

If you scroll down, it has an entry on garlic. It basically says that very small amounts in food or treats should be ok. I probably wouldn't feed garlic in any amount to my cat, but that's my own personal preference.

Old 05-28-2009, 11:36 AM

41 posts, read 448,246 times
Default thanks for replies

Well the hunt goes on
I thought that was the kitties job?

Old 05-28-2009, 04:52 PM
bjh

60,096 posts, read 30,397,185 times
No company would market a pet food that would harm a pet. They must have done their research on this.

Old 07-01-2015, 04:08 AM

11,276 posts, read 19,580,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
No company would market a pet food that would harm a pet. They must have done their research on this.
Actually there are tons of pet foods and pet products that are harmful to pets being sold and marketed every day.

The majority of pet food companies don't care about the pet. They care about the bottom line. What they research is what sells, not what is best for the animal.

I hope that in the 6 years since this comment was made the poster has become a little less naive.

Old 07-02-2015, 12:18 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,373,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjh View Post
That is the exact mindset that the big pet food manufacturers rely on. It's what keeps them in business. Unfortunately, I don't see that changing any time soon.

Old 07-12-2015, 12:42 PM

2,087 posts, read 4,286,861 times
I have to weigh in here just because it's Wysong. I am biased in favor of his approach to food, pet and people, his intellect and critical thinking skills.

I've read many of Dr. Wysong's books (on many diverse subjects, from petfood to critical thinking.

I've read his monographs, research papers, etc. There is no shortage of available information from him.

Wysong is not Big Pet Food, they manufacture their own products. They don't do trends, like "natural" "holistic" "Whatever is trending" Manufacturers. Think Grain-Free, but with added [cheap] carbohydrates.

He is about science, the products come from science, not marketing trends. They recently up dated their product line, based on science. And they made a starch free dry food, Because people will feed dry food to cats even though it is not appropriate for cats. Epigen 60 and 90 are the only dry 'kibble' that is starch -free. Wysong even says, dry food is not appropriate for cats.
http://www.wysongepigen.net/Epigen%2...0Nutrition.pdf

I had Wysong's Epigen 60 and 90 allergy tested for Meeko, since he was not 'allergic' to chicken (using BICOM) and they both showed to be non- allergenic.

Wysong also makes RX diets and depending on the test results for Tiger's vet visit today, I will have them put together a health, RX, diet plan for Tiger.

They sent me samples so I can have them added to Tiger's BICOM profile, so I will know ahead of time which products will be non-allergenic for Tiger. I have NO IDEA what they think about BICOM testing, we didn't discuss it, they were just very helpful and concerned.

Wysong Pet Health & Nutrition learn Section

Last edited by leanansidhex; 07-12-2015 at 12:49 PM.. Reason: correction
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats