Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2018, 09:04 AM

281 posts, read 247,394 times

Advertisements

I have several wands and cat kicker that my cat enjoys, but I am looking for more to alternate, as the cat gets bored easily.

Do you have one that you have used that your cat loves?

These are the ones I have so far that my cat plays with consistently:

Kong Kickeroo Pattern - about 12 inches long

Cat Dancer - This was his first toy. He used to love it until he got the

Go Cat Cat Teaser Cat Catcher Wand - He tore off the mouse so i have to buy replacement

Worm Teaser - The worm teaser is his favorite and best toy so far -- no matter how many times he played with it. Everytime it comes out, he will chase it.

Cat Bed - He likes it flat on my bed and it will keep him on his side of the bed. He refused to sleep on anything else.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 09:40 AM

20,873 posts, read 9,546,294 times
I think every toy I've ever gotten my cat, she's eventually got bored with it after a while. Many she was never interested in in the first place. Even the laser pointer she greets with a big "meh" these days.

Old 08-15-2018, 09:58 AM

130,418 posts, read 12,118,417 times
We recently bought a scratch post, with a cardboard box near the bottom, that has holes in it, so we put balls or other toys in the holes & she spends ages tying to get them out. We got it at Friday morning store. Only one hold is big enough for the ball to come out of, so it keeps her occupied for a long time, & I am so mean, once she has the ball out, & bats it around the room, I put it back in the box lol

Old 08-15-2018, 10:58 AM

281 posts, read 247,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
I think every toy I've ever gotten my cat, she's eventually got bored with it after a while. Many she was never interested in in the first place. Even the laser pointer she greets with a big "meh" these days.

Yup, they get bored really quickly, that is why i buy many toys and switch them up. I used one for 1-2 days and hide it from my cat and used a different toy. But he never got bored with the worm teaser.
And I know what you mean, I bought many toys and my cat did not care about them, that's why I make this thread. I need some suggestions.

I bought a laser pointer too, but my cat was never really into it. He likes it better when am holding the wand. For some cats, they do not get "reward" for their effort so they lose interest.

Quote:
Originally Posted by evening sun View Post
We recently bought a scratch post, with a cardboard box near the bottom, that has holes in it, so we put balls or other toys in the holes & she spends ages tying to get them out. We got it at Friday morning store. Only one hold is big enough for the ball to come out of, so it keeps her occupied for a long time, & I am so mean, once she has the ball out, & bats it around the room, I put it back in the box lol

Can I ask what scratch post did you buy? I am trying to get one for my cat too.

Old 08-15-2018, 12:30 PM

2,978 posts, read 3,926,767 times
For scratching posts, we love the Ultimate Cat Scratcher (we have two). https://www.amazon.com/SmartCat-3832...70_&dpSrc=srch

Ours love the Cat Catcher too (we have replaced many mice)

Do you have Da Bird?
https://www.amazon.com/Go-Cat-Bird-F...70_&dpSrc=srch

Another favorite is an oldie but goodie, the Cat Dancer. It's super cheap and our cats love it!
https://www.amazon.com/Cat-Dancer-10...70_&dpSrc=srch

I have not heard of the worm toy but am going to check it out.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:21 PM

453 posts, read 345,594 times
We have a scratching post similar to the Ultimate Cat Scratcher but it was cheaper at the time I bought it: From Chewy

Our cats used to love the cat dancer too but have gotten pretty bored. They do love cat trees! We have 2 from Armarkat - they are very sturdy.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:28 PM

988 posts, read 683,249 times
Don't buy anything that rolls with a bell inside.

Old 08-15-2018, 01:28 PM

130,418 posts, read 12,118,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KitKat85 View Post
Yup, they get bored really quickly, that is why i buy many toys and switch them up. I used one for 1-2 days and hide it from my cat and used a different toy. But he never got bored with the worm teaser.
And I know what you mean, I bought many toys and my cat did not care about them, that's why I make this thread. I need some suggestions.

I bought a laser pointer too, but my cat was never really into it. He likes it better when am holding the wand. For some cats, they do not get "reward" for their effort so they lose interest.

Can I ask what scratch post did you buy? I am trying to get one for my cat too.

I got it at a chain called Tuesday morning. I threw out the box already so I can't give you a name, but I do see the photo of it, at their website.

https://www.tuesdaymorning.com/departments

Old 08-15-2018, 02:16 PM

1,626 posts, read 1,357,397 times
Mine likes the Ultimate Scratching Post and Da Bird.

I used to spend more money on toys but I find the best ones are free (or nearly) — piece of parachute cord ($2 from Walmart crafts dept.), laser pointer, milk rings ($ but get a free gallon of milk), cable ties, etc.

Old 08-15-2018, 03:03 PM

988 posts, read 683,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlecat View Post
I used to spend more money on toys but I find the best ones are free
And there's the tried and true ball of crumpled paper. Never fails.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats