Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2019, 09:45 AM

6,150 posts, read 4,516,808 times

Advertisements

Gypsy has two: a soft, fatty-feeling thing on her side and a harder, smaller thing on her underside. I can't see either and neither could the vet, so she's scheduled for a shave and needle draw. If they feel the need to biopsy, that's additional.

We've been every two weeks over upper respiratory, which is improving, as are the weepy eyes. She keeps flea combing for some reason, I assume looking for something that would cause an allergic reaction, but no fleas.

The real issue is I have no experience of this and she (the vet) said cats don't get lumps the same as dogs do. Whatever that means. Not sure I want to know, but I have to, so tell me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2019, 11:13 AM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
No idea unless an abscess or a tumor of some type...don't let that worry you, plenty are benign.

Old 02-07-2019, 02:15 PM

294 posts, read 180,425 times
Our cat had one pee size lump once. The vet recommended to simply cut it out. No biopsy but just remove it. We agreed and 400 usd later Gambo has a huge cut on his size of the leg. He behaved very well during the procedure and I was told he was just sitting, getting it removed. It turned out as nothing bad, I don’t remember what it was. The recovery was not easy though as he pulles the Stiches but he couldn’t walk with cone :-) But after all, it was a happy ending and i would do it again.

Old 02-07-2019, 07:51 PM

457 posts, read 497,160 times
Rusty has a couple flesh colored hard lumps on the back of his head/neck. I’d say they are a good bit smaller than a pea.. He’s had them for a couple of years now with no change. When I first noticed them I, of course, freaked out. The vet looked at them and said that while cats don’t usually get these bumps like dogs, when she sees them in cats, they tend to be on orange cats. Rusty is a ginger.

Always a good idea to get them checked out.

Old 02-07-2019, 08:16 PM

Well, that makes me feel a little better. The vet said the fatty-feeling one could be fat (lipoma). The one on her belly is kind of like a small pea, very round-feeling. She said either could be a cyst. She also said I was a good "mommy" for finding these.

But of course I looked it up online and read scary, horrible things.

Old 02-28-2019, 11:54 AM

Just back from two fine needle aspirations and I'm so relieved that my cat has lipomas!!! Just fat, did I want them to biopsy? I said I'd take their advice based on what they saw and they said it's fat (could change, but not today). The worrisome hard, round, pea-sized one on her abdomen was just a lobe of the lipoma and they aspirated most of it.

With all the tragic sadness I read here, I don't know if I should feel guilty for having good news or if it will lift someone's spirits like it did mine.

Old 02-28-2019, 12:08 PM

27,073 posts, read 11,859,243 times
Oh no...we are ALWAYS glad when someone gets good news!!!

Old 02-28-2019, 12:13 PM

9,127 posts, read 9,371,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatblueheron View Post
Oh no...we are ALWAYS glad when someone gets good news!!!

^^This^^

I'm sure even those of us who have suffered recent losses are rejoicing at your good outcome. Nothing to feel guilty about at all. And thanks for the update.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats