Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2008, 04:52 AM

1 posts, read 9,392 times

Advertisements

ARG!

I have two cats aged 5 years and 6 months. I taught the older one to use the toilet when she was a kitten and it was heaven. I didn't think it would be a problem to teach another kitten. But my little guy got worms and had trouble pooping, now it seems he has some soft poop but clean bill of health otherwise except now he won't use the box to poop. We're midway through toilet training and he's peeing in his box/toilet just fine but pooping is becoming a disaster. I can't stand having litter around after I've been spoiled for so long - anyone have any ideas?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2008, 06:29 PM

698 posts, read 2,842,131 times
Wow, how do you train a cat to use a toilet?! Do they flush too? heh heh

Old 11-09-2008, 05:52 PM

5,501 posts, read 22,451,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chananne View Post
ARG!

I have two cats aged 5 years and 6 months. I taught the older one to use the toilet when she was a kitten and it was heaven. I didn't think it would be a problem to teach another kitten. But my little guy got worms and had trouble pooping, now it seems he has some soft poop but clean bill of health otherwise except now he won't use the box to poop. We're midway through toilet training and he's peeing in his box/toilet just fine but pooping is becoming a disaster. I can't stand having litter around after I've been spoiled for so long - anyone have any ideas?
Usually it's because the box isn't clean enough. Cats like things EXTREMELY neat, so you have to clean the box every single day. And wash it out once a week. And do not use that horrid deodarized litter. The smell is horrible and cats hate it.

More info here: THE LITTER BOX

Old 11-09-2008, 08:21 PM

19,855 posts, read 65,835,634 times
One of my male cats taught himself to pee in the toilet. It smelled and I thought something was wrong with the toilet. I had the plumber out, he suggested the cat was using it and I thought he was crazy. I insisted on getting a new toilet. A few nights later, I heard a "tinkle tinkle" and went to look. There he was, peeing in the toilet.

Old 11-09-2008, 09:17 PM

195 posts, read 593,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthernBelleInUtah View Post
One of my male cats taught himself to pee in the toilet. It smelled and I thought something was wrong with the toilet. I had the plumber out, he suggested the cat was using it and I thought he was crazy. I insisted on getting a new toilet. A few nights later, I heard a "tinkle tinkle" and went to look. There he was, peeing in the toilet.
Luck you. My cats seem to think of the toilet as a gigantic water dish. They prefer to drink out of the toilet than the pristine water dishes I put out for them.

Old 11-10-2008, 11:18 AM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
I have a cat that decided AFTER we put in new hardwood floors that she didn't like them and has this one spot that she pees in. Her litter box is clean so no problem there. I've taken her to the vet who thought she had a bladder infection and that was WHY she was peeing outside the litter box but that wasn't the problem either.

I think she does it when she is annoyed or wants more food, etc.

She knows she isn't supposed to do this because as soon as I walk over to the area that she has peed in, she runs out of the room!

How do I break her of this nasty habit? I am a clean freak and this is not making me happy!

Vicki

Old 11-10-2008, 02:58 PM

8,815 posts, read 21,282,976 times
as soon as I walk over to the area that she has peed in, she runs out of the room!

Yep. Sounds like Gracie. They definitely know what NOT to do & when you find out the answer to this one, please let me know, too. YUK!

People may not recall what you said to them, but they will always remember how you made them feel .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats