Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2013, 07:05 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,588,087 times

Advertisements

I just adopted 4 year old "Kit" and a 4 month old "Core" from the cat shelter! the older one is more mellow, very sweet and just only a few days coming home, he is comfortable enough to now comes around me more. they both were pals and were hiding for a couple days but soon started walking around everywhere. I think now they are fine in their new home since bringing them home 5 days ago.

I think Kit might be a "bush dweller" and Core a "tree dweller", I thought Kit was going to want to climb high but he doesn't really. Core does! he figured out a way to get on the 5 feet high armoire. but Kit likes to stay more on the floor or furniture.

when i open the pantry door, there in zooms Core, before I could hardly even open it, he went on my shelves and into the basket of stuff in there.. haha couldn't get him out right away!

the 4 month old kitten is nuts! he got the kittie crazies the other day and he also gets into everything. he was chasing something, but you know how they pounce but wiggle their butt first? too funny!

One thing Kit does is splash all his water out of his water bowl. I feel bad because if he does that while im at work, they wont have any water. well i figured out a towel underneath was not enough, so i put the water bowl in a little dishtub and that keeps all the water in.. its so funny watching him splash and then lick his paws. Today I put some ice cubes in the water and they loved it.

I was trying to get dressed today and I tried on some pants but they were not right, so as I was taking them off, Core jumps in them and wouldn't get out! haha too funny. he sat inside the pants on the floor and i couldn't get him out. so funny

so they are really cute, I did notice Kit squinting today and if im not mistaken he might have a little eye infection, i might have to take him for a check up. he keeps squinting his one eye and his eyelid looks like it might be a little red, although he is tan and brown and white, so i cant tell if thats just his fur or what. So i will see tonight.

anyway they are a total joy and make me laugh so hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 12:40 PM

454 posts, read 793,755 times
Sounds like yours is a wonderful household! I've adopted/taken in both kittens and adults; there is nothing like the antics of the tiny ones... they bounce and never stop, then all of a sudden fall asleep right where they are. I love when they get the crazies, just start running around like banshees... i call it "seeing Martians!" LOL

as the phrase goes:

"It's hard not to be smitten
with a 4 month old kitten."

Old 09-05-2013, 12:58 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times

For your kitty's eye:

" - Honey has antibacterial properties, in fact it's used by some vets to treat badly infected wounds. You can make gentle, effective eye wash by putting three tablespoons of honey in two cups of boiling water, stirring well until the honey has completely dissolved and allow to cool. You can actually put this mixture directly into your cat's eye without worrying about causing damage."

Cats: Odd behavior, veterinarian asap, antibiotic eye drops

Old 09-05-2013, 09:25 PM

Hi everyone! when i came home my kittie's eye looked more worse, so i took him to the vet, they gave him some medicine and cortisone (cortisol?) shot and i have to bring him tomorrow so they can see if it worked. awww

Poor baby not feeling well, i hope the meds made his eye feel better, when they have pink eye it could be itchy or raw. i didnt' want to take the chance on a home remedy in case it was serious.

who knows he might have some latent thing in him from before, but he looks healthy otherwise.

Old 09-07-2013, 08:51 PM

5,193 posts, read 5,762,421 times
I hope your FurBaby recovers soon!

Eye irritations hurt like hell - you know what it feels like when you get just an eyelash in your eye.

Old 09-07-2013, 09:07 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Daisy had one eye she was favoring a little a couple of weeks ago, but it was from wrestling with Chewy and Lucky. She fights with them constantly (play fighting, not angry fighting) but they really get into it. I figured she got hit in the eye. I was waiting a day or so to see if it cleared up, and it did, she is back to normal now.

Aren't cats and kittens a barrel of monkeys ?? Not a minute goes by that ours don't do something to make me laugh..........and they KNOW it. They do those things on purpose, I am certain.

Sounds like yours are keeping you entertained too.

Don

Old 09-08-2013, 08:51 PM

5,139 posts, read 12,711,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Hi everyone! when i came home my kittie's eye looked more worse, so i took him to the vet, they gave him some medicine and cortisone (cortisol?) shot and i have to bring him tomorrow so they can see if it worked. awww

Poor baby not feeling well, i hope the meds made his eye feel better, when they have pink eye it could be itchy or raw. i didnt' want to take the chance on a home remedy in case it was serious.

who knows he might have some latent thing in him from before, but he looks healthy otherwise.

Aww. Updates! How is your kitty?

What type of infection was it? Did they do a culture or anything? I use the honey on my cat when I know its something mild (like he scratched himself in the eye itching etc). I have to agree with your decision to take then to the vet if it looked worse.

Old 09-09-2013, 07:17 AM

Hi everyone! I took him back to the vet friday and he gave me some drops to put in his eye every day. I dont know if its getting better, its still pink and he is still keeping it closed a bit. Thursday when i first took him, his eye was swollen worse during the day that the doctor couldn't even really look at it a bit, so he gave him a cortisone (cortisol?) shot and that helped, but i can tell it still bugs him.

have to take him this week to see his progress, and they may be ableto get a better look.. he said he has an ulcer in the eye which is a kind of injury, but it can be healed, anyway they might do a stain this week if the eye goes down enough to do that, it will tell if he has a scratched cornea.

On a lighter note, my little baby "Trouble" tee hee cat, he is the 4 month old, he has discovered the hallway. when i open up the door today he zooms out,, wanting to explore. I bet he would like to go for a walk outside on a leash. then the other one follows him.. this baby is cute, he has a patch of white on his back, square-shaped, it looks like he is weaering a t-shirt

but good think Kit is really nice, he is so mellow that he allows me to put drops in and hardly tries to get away. this morning he sat on the bed and i thought wow this is easy.. coz when he knows im stalking him to give him his meds, he runs.

they are so adorable.. perfect kitties!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats