Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2009, 10:10 AM

698 posts, read 3,266,800 times

Advertisements

If you have been following my threads and posts,you know that our furbaby "Goldie" who was eighteen years old in May had been fighting fibrosarcoma cancer since August of last year. She finally grew tired of fighting it and we had to send her to the Rainbow Bridge. We were hoping she would pass naturally,but unfortunately that didn't happen. She took a sudden turn for the worse and we had to call the vet we had lined up a few months ago to come to our home in case that happened. We wanted that for her because she hated going to the her vets office so much and we didn't want that to be her last memory. We wanted her to be in her own familiar surroundings. He was here in less than a half hour,so she didn't suffer long needlessly. We took the advice of another poster and did it in the room we spend the least time in and I held her and reassured her through the whole thing while her Daddy looked on in tears, so she knew we were both still there for her and that was our last act of our love for her. That was the first time we have had to take a pets life and it was a VERY difficult decision,but we didn't want her to suffer. We picked a good vet to do it though and he came highly recommended by her vet who doesn't make house calls. They were a husband and wife team who truly care......they're not doing it only for the money. They even have a scripture on their card,so we know they are spiritual and you could sense that in the way they handled everything. We're VERY thankful for them and the service they offer in coming to your home. They took her to be cremated and the people who did it,brought her back. We both kept hearing her even after she was gone and the house is so empty and quiet now. She had gotten to the point where she was crying a lot. I kept waiting on her to call me or walk in the room. In the end, she couldn't walk very far for very long,but she kept on trying. I want go into all the other details at the end,but we knew she was telling us that it was time for her to go. The evening before it all happened,there were two rainbows in the sky after a rain. In reflecting back and replaying everything in my mind,I thought about how appropriate that was since she was getting ready to cross over to the Rainbow Bridge. The crematory did a fantastic job as well. They did a nice paw print in the hard breakable form,a hair clipping,and a nice certificate. A couple days later, they also sent a nice sympathy card with the Rainbow Bridge poem on it and Goldie's paw print in ink form they had made before cremating her on the card. That was very thoughtful. Everything went as well as it could for such a difficult,emotional time and a lot of it was due to advice that we had gotten on here from all of you which helped us to prepare for what we knew was coming and we want to thank you for that. The pain and grief is not as intense as it was,but we still miss her terribly. We are picturing her running through catnip fields well and whole again and back with her brother who died a few years ago. Even though it's VERY hard, we are trying to move on and forward and do the same thing we have did with all our other beloved pets that we have lost and that is to be a better person for having known them and to be the best person we can be in their honor.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 10:19 AM

1,055 posts, read 4,135,189 times
I am so sorry for your loss and the difficult decision you had to make. I just had to go hug and kiss all my fur babies as your story touched my heart. I hope you have some comfort knowing that your love for Goldie far surpasses the love many pets in this world receive and you should be very proud of the loving life you gave her.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:26 AM

1,463 posts, read 4,325,602 times
Sorry for your loss. Story was touching. Your love for Goldie was awesome and rememeber all the good time you had! Thank yourself for the life you all shared together.

Old 10-06-2009, 10:35 AM

1,688 posts, read 8,145,665 times
My deepest sympathy to you and your husband OP.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:15 AM

19,855 posts, read 65,814,714 times
Ohh, so hard to let them go when it is time. My sympathies..

Realtors are welcome here but do see our Realtor Advice to avoid infractions.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:33 AM

283 posts, read 892,599 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. Take comfort in knowing she is in a better place now.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:33 AM

41,958 posts, read 75,167,069 times
I'm so sorry. You gave Goldie a wonderful life. What a blessing for all of you that you found a compassionate vet to help you at your home.

Old 10-06-2009, 11:46 AM

21,353 posts, read 8,449,175 times
I'm so sorry for your loss. Your touching story had me gulping back sobs. I lost my boy Fluffy at 14 to a brain tumor and my sweetie Baby at 22 to cancer that was throughout her organs. Both very, very difficult to accept emotionally. They are so our children. May your many wonderful, delightful memories of her fill your heart in the coming weeks and months to ease your sense of loss. {{{{Hugs}}}}

Old 10-06-2009, 12:32 PM

10,090 posts, read 42,413,094 times
My deepest sympathies I know it has been a long and heartfelt battle for you. My heart just breaks for you

Old 10-06-2009, 01:24 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,181,738 times
You have my deepest sympathies as well. I know all too well what it is like to have to say goodbye to a sweet cat whom one has loved. It is heartbreaking. I am tearing up thinking about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats