Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2010, 12:22 PM

387 posts, read 2,130,654 times

Advertisements

I am still so in love!

It's been quite the week - vet visits, middle of the night playfulness, collecting Guinness' poo for a stool sample at 3am, and tons and tons of cat snuggles in between.

We're treating Guinness for coccidia at the moment. Trying to get a cat to swallow a pill is pretty entertaining. lol

Maddie is tolerating Guinness now, and they even play together sometimes. They are such great cats, and I am so happy we made the decision to adopt them!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-25-2010, 12:37 PM

672 posts, read 5,093,265 times
Pictures please

Old 04-25-2010, 01:00 PM

5,412 posts, read 4,237,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiTaylor View Post
I am still so in love!

It's been quite the week - vet visits, middle of the night playfulness, collecting Guinness' poo for a stool sample at 3am, and tons and tons of cat snuggles in between.

We're treating Guinness for coccidia at the moment. Trying to get a cat to swallow a pill is pretty entertaining. lol

Maddie is tolerating Guinness now, and they even play together sometimes. They are such great cats, and I am so happy we made the decision to adopt them!!!
guinness is black and white??

Old 04-25-2010, 01:19 PM

Guinness is all black with a patch of white on his chest. I posted a few pics in the picture thread. I must take more

Old 04-25-2010, 01:24 PM

41,940 posts, read 75,144,160 times
Congrats on your new kitties. Hope they bring you years of snuggles and purring.

Old 04-25-2010, 10:10 PM

5,007 posts, read 10,684,206 times
Pics? I would love to see these kitties.

My little hellion (who also happens to be black and white) had coccidia when I first got her. I took her back to the shelter to be treated. They said that they had treated her and that she would be okay, which she was. However, the coccidia stayed with her for a while, about 6 months. While the treatment lasts a short while, it usually takes their immune systems a while to catch up, and being in a new home is added stress.

Here is a great article:

Coccidia (Coccidiosis) in Cats: A Cause of Diarrhea

Hopefully, no one in your home is pregnant, as coccidia (toxoplasmosis) can complicate pregnancies in humans.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coccidia

Old 04-26-2010, 12:57 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
YES, PICS!!! PLEASE!!!

One of my boys had coccidia when I rescued him too...annoying little parasites and sometimes hard to get rid of! He had a round of Albon, which was in a liquid form that he actually liked the taste of, so maybe your vet could give you that form of the drug instead of the pill. I also gave him chamomile tea in his food because it helps expel parasites, and he loved the taste of that too. Once the immune system kicks in fully the parasites will be expelled completely, how fast this happens depends on his overall health, which hinges on allowing his body to do its thing without too much interference (a.k.a. chemicals) so if it were me, I'd stick to only one round of meds and hold off on any further vaccs until he's nipped the coccidia in the bud...then you'll know his immune system's where it needs to be and can handle vaccs, etc. without creating further problems or set-backs.

Old 04-26-2010, 04:31 AM

672 posts, read 5,093,265 times
I'm still checking this thread for more pics

Old 04-26-2010, 05:19 AM

2,807 posts, read 7,582,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatrineA View Post
I'm still checking this thread for more pics
Me too! Must...see...kitties...!!!

Old 04-26-2010, 09:07 PM

Not the greatest, but this is the first time I've been able to get both of them in the same pic since we brought Guinness home! Taken this morning before I went to work. So exciting!

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a92/rkinney/IMG00046-20100426-0741-1.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Cats