Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do you think what this actor Shia did was wrong? (explain)
YES!!!!! 14 66.67%
No way. 7 33.33%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2010, 09:20 AM

181 posts, read 124,470 times

Advertisements

Good day,
I just saw this about 24 year old actor Shia LaBeouf in The Washington Post (there is a 40 second video and all):
Celebritology 2.0 - Shia LaBeouf throws coffee on D.C. paparazzo
After viewing the video and/or what you read, what are your thoughts on this.
Do you think that this kid actor was wrong?
My pesonal opinion yes I do, I think that it was very wrong. Anyone to hurt anyone like that is just a butthole, a real jerk.
What is wrong with these celebrities today thinking that cause they have all this money that they can abuse and hurt anyone that they please.
What is even sickening about it, is that some people (mostly these giddy Shia fans) thinks that it is funny, oh my gosh that is just SICK!!!!

Last edited by 2Btyping; 10-15-2010 at 10:40 AM.. Reason: correction of a word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2010, 10:46 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,929,122 times
Why is that guy considered a good actor?

Old 10-15-2010, 11:57 AM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
Good for him, those paparazzi are freaking annoying to these people. Why do you think Princess Dianna is dead, because they were trying to get away from them.

there should be a law against them. I think it is wrong to stalk people ans constantly snap pictures.

Can you imagine how it must feel to walk out your home and some idiot is there with a camera waiting for you.

Old 10-15-2010, 04:01 PM

8,228 posts, read 14,220,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Good for him, those paparazzi are freaking annoying to these people. Why do you think Princess Dianna is dead, because they were trying to get away from them.

there should be a law against them. I think it is wrong to stalk people ans constantly snap pictures.

Can you imagine how it must feel to walk out your home and some idiot is there with a camera waiting for you.
I at least partially agree with this.

If they don't obstruct celebs walking and driving and keep a 2-3 foot distance and just snap picts fine. But they don't. They stand in front of them so they can't walk which means the whole crowd surrounds them so all they can do is stand there. They block cars so they can drive, the ask questions DESIGNED TO **** THEM OFF so they can get a response that they can sell.

Paps that get their foot run over? No sympathy.

So - if the paparazzi were behaving badly - I think he's got a right to defend himself. If not...then celebs should keep moving, part of the job.

Did anyone read all the security measures Sandra Bullock had to use to be able to get anywhere during the divorce and baby reveal? Multiple fake schedules "leaked" through publicity agents, multiple cars with look alikes, security teams everywhere - they shouldn't have to live like that that's BS.

Old 10-15-2010, 06:56 PM

But if it was hot coffee that is wrong, I would have called security right away, instead of dousing someone with hot coffee. Two wrongs don't make a right.
Yes I think that the paps are slime for their behavior and yes there should be strict laws for them bothering anyone, celebs the pres. whomever.
I think that Shia LaBeouf could have handled much better than what he did.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:51 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,331,625 times
I wonder how long it would take for you to snap if you had to live like that 24/7.
Paparazzis never shows any respect and they deserve all they can get.

Old 10-16-2010, 04:56 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,090,712 times
okay first off if they did not want to be photographed then why in the world would you pick such a career as an actor or actress ? I mean come on that is just ridiculous all of these actors/actresses getting upset with getting their picture taken . sorry dear you picked the wrong proffesion get over it .

Old 10-16-2010, 08:00 AM

23,857 posts, read 71,331,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
okay first off if they did not want to be photographed then why in the world would you pick such a career as an actor or actress ? I mean come on that is just ridiculous all of these actors/actresses getting upset with getting their picture taken . sorry dear you picked the wrong proffesion get over it .
Isn't a world famous actor allowed to have a cup of coffee in peace and quiet once in a while like the rest of us?
Just because they have chosen a career in the spotlight it doesn't mean they should always have their picture taken.
And why is it so interesting to see a celebrity drink coffee?
They look exactly like the rest of us when they do it.
I think peoples contempt for celebrities is ridiculous.

Old 10-16-2010, 10:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phonelady61 View Post
Agreed!!!!!
Also, I say if this Shia does not want as many photos taken of him then why act out??? His "acting out" (being cruel) is going to cause more trouble and more paps to take more photos of him, to get a "story". He is going to get a bad name and end hp not having a career anymore cause of his bad attitude. If that does happen to LaBeouf I say it serves him right for his nasty behavior with throwing coffee on that pap. Shia is just a classic case of another hollywood actor who has gone bad.

Old 10-16-2010, 02:17 PM

7,835 posts, read 8,440,877 times
I think paparazzi should be subject to anti-harassment laws. But I think Shaia LaBeouf should be charged with battery for intentionally injuring the guy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities