Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2009, 11:53 PM

784 posts, read 2,265,731 times

Advertisements

Is it to late to get adopted? I can't be your wife, but I'll sure call you daddy at a fraction of that price. Ten grand a month will do just fine for me....Daddy....

I promise I'll be a good boy too. No crazy sh$t.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2009, 01:43 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,378,567 times
What stands out to me in this is that Russell is allowed monitored visits? And the new car thing every 3 years? Is she saying that she believes Russell would allow his children to ride in an unsafe car? I've never liked Kimora. She always tried to act like she's so knowledgeable and such a shrewd business woman. Let's see you modeled for like 10 seconds before you were snatched off the runway by a man nearly 20 years older than you and since then you've profited off a business that he created. If he hadn't married her, I doubt she would have been successful at anything.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:51 PM

23,867 posts, read 33,568,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
What stands out to me in this is that Russell is allowed monitored visits? And the new car thing every 3 years? Is she saying that she believes Russell would allow his children to ride in an unsafe car?
Pretty much what I said to my hubby when I told him.
I don't understand why he's got supervised visits.

As for the car, it's crazy there is a price minimum on it.

Old 03-01-2009, 01:51 PM

353 posts, read 905,995 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raven1976 View Post
I can't stand that woman. She has more than enough money to take care of those kids on her own. For someone who was poorer growing up, she should appreciate money more.
They are HIS kids too. What in your opinion makes him entitled to NOT pay child support?

Yes the number seems huge but so is his income.

The car thing is over the top, but that doesn't mean he shouldn't have any financial responsibility for the children he helped to create.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:35 AM
zas

95 posts, read 283,268 times
It was Russel who suggested the order for $40k a month not Kimora.. He said he loves his kids & want the best schools for them (they go to school in NY & LA) the girls have crazy schedules that cost big money. He also said if he goes broke supporting them he will move in with them... If he has it let them live....

Old 03-02-2009, 12:38 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
So by the time it's all said and done...he will have paid over 5 million in child support. Ridiculous.
Why do the cars have to be worth so much? Get them both a Honda Civic, Honda Accord, or Toyota Corolla and call it a day.

If this isn't a good reminder to practice safe sex (if you're not married....)....or have a pre-nup...I don't know what is.

I think he would take care of his kids court order or not...but to be ordered to pay 40k a month until they turn 19:
I'm so glad it's not me!

Old 03-02-2009, 12:40 PM

8,998 posts, read 14,789,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlickRick1 View Post
Is it to late to get adopted? I can't be your wife, but I'll sure call you daddy at a fraction of that price. Ten grand a month will do just fine for me....Daddy....

I promise I'll be a good boy too. No crazy sh$t.....
I could do good on 2,500 a month right about now...
I'm only 18...no kids, just a full time college student and part-time Wal-Mart cashier.

Old 03-03-2009, 04:44 AM

1,977 posts, read 3,578,011 times
Kimora is a goldigger. She wasn't anyone special until she married into money. I can't stand her with her roly-poly rubber neck.

Old 03-03-2009, 02:40 PM

3,722 posts, read 4,310,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Just read the story at People Russell Simmons to Pay $40K Child Support a Month

$20k per month per kid until the girls turn 19
When Russell has the kids, they shall be accompanied at all times by a nanny and security person
agreed to provide a new car, worth at least $60,000, for the children's use, until they turn 16. The car will be replaced every three years

While they lived in NJ, the agreement is from CA.
Way too excessive, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't envious.

Old 03-03-2009, 05:36 PM

1,863 posts, read 4,299,870 times
Give me a frigging break. Her blood sweat and tears went into making her brand a success. Yes her husband started the line. Baby Phat consisted of a few t-shirts and some sweats. Her gave it to her to lend her fashion opinion too. The brand exploded and surpassed his own. So he didn't just hand her an established brand that she just added her name to. She worked for it, and there is no need to villify her for that.

I can't stand when people call her a golddigger. She was his WIFE. He agreed to marry her and share in his lifestyle. How many wives of men worth 400 million dollars increase their husband's bottom line? Even though they split up her wanted her to take over a creative director of both brands, not just her own.

I have a family member in the fashion industry and knows Russell. Those children have tons of classes- language, ballet, yoga, etc. You can bet if they are apart of it it's top of the line due to their caliber. They fly around the world in a private jet- not commercial ever. Why should they have a Toyota?

I don't know why everyone else is getting up in arms over the amount he has to pay. HE doesn't have a problem with it and has defended it in the papers. Just because his ex-wife is now a millionaire he shouldn't have to pay child support? The court of law doesn't agree with that whatsoever.

She has the lions share of the child-rearing, so these things are something he can contribute while he is out and about. Do you think 5 million dollars for his children breaks this man? Do you know how much money he has?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities