Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 07:04 AM

8,862 posts, read 17,485,663 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roselvr View Post
Not true. Her attorney asked the "story" to be retracted.

I've read a few things.. What it comes down to is that she really doesn't want custody but is taking time to make sure she's positive.

I think she's going to leave them with Katherine but have visitation rights.
I also don't think she's getting any "new" money; I think Jackson's have to honor the arrangement she had with Michael as she wasn't paid in full yet.

The latest news, yesterday's, according to HLN, she only wants the 'spousal support' agreed upon. There was a debate about whether this is a euphenism for 'money' and I don't believe a decision was reached.

I'm tired of all of this and have to draw my own conclusions whether they are right or wrong. Personally, all involved in this seem to have values that are considerably different from mine.

I can accept that she was a surrogate but have difficulty with her marriage to Michael Jackson which I can only believe was another legal agreement. Several times the issue of 'did they sleep together?' has been brought up--in some states I believe a marriage must be consummated to be legal and so people like Dr. Klein say they probably did--but 'I don't know'. I don't know either but I don't think so.

Last edited by TakeAhike; 07-17-2009 at 07:41 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 08:10 AM

3,735 posts, read 8,067,624 times
Who knows everything is based on speculation at the moment. So it is more of a wait and see what happens kinda thing.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:14 AM

Even more ridiculous-DR is suing a woman in FL for 'false rumors' about the claim that she will seek custody of the children.

Debbie Rowe Files Suit Over Custody Rumors - ABC News

If anything, such a move strengthens my belief that she is motivated by money or her attorney is.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:12 AM

2,222 posts, read 10,648,995 times
I read she has filed a lawsuit against this woman stating these are lies, and that no such email exists.

It just keeps getting deeper, doesn't it.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:15 AM

1,492 posts, read 7,714,009 times
Agree w/ Belinda, but sadly all the courts I've witnessed give at least secondary custody (visitation) to the non-custodial parent even if that person was absent for 10 years. Child scared to death of a 'stranger' they are spending the weekend with.

So, if Cali is like the south, Rowe will get at least visitation if she requests it. And in a year or so she can get full custody- especially if the grandma dies.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VegasGrace View Post
Agree w/ Belinda, but sadly all the courts I've witnessed give at least secondary custody (visitation) to the non-custodial parent even if that person was absent for 10 years. Child scared to death of a 'stranger' they are spending the weekend with.

So, if Cali is like the south, Rowe will get at least visitation if she requests it. And in a year or so she can get full custody- especially if the grandma dies.
I don't think that will happen and I don't know much, FWIW.

It seems to me that when they finalize this phase of the custody that there will possibly be some provisions for the future. Any decision can be appealed which could take years and the kids will be grown by that time. They say 'other parties' can challenge the decisions--such as the brothers or sisters.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:29 AM

My take on this is that Debbie Rowe just wants to ensure the financial agreement made with MJ will be honored. I think she has been pretty clear that she does not have maternal instincts and is not seeking custody of the children.

Old 07-17-2009, 11:31 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,290,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beth56 View Post
My take on this is that Debbie Rowe just wants to ensure the financial agreement made with MJ will be honored. I think she has been pretty clear that she does not have maternal instincts and is not seeking custody of the children.

Sad isn't, how she cares nothing for her children only money. The same could be said for Joe Jackson, who treated his won kids like crap. I feel horrible for these kids, to have this being played out in public like it is.

Old 07-17-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Packersnut21 View Post
Sad isn't, how she cares nothing for her children only money. The same could be said for Joe Jackson, who treated his won kids like crap. I feel horrible for these kids, to have this being played out in public like it is.
She has said she has no maternal instincts. She did not want children. I won't crucify her for that. But Michael did, so she had two for him. Whatever their financial arrangement, it's between them. I don't see it any different than if she was used as a surrogate who also gets paid. We just don't know what happened and I won't speculate.

I also don't think she is as heartless as some portray her. It was obvious when she saw Paris speaking at MJ's funeral that she was very concerned for her. She was in tears.

But do I think she should have custody, no I don't. And if she is trying to bribe anyone in the Jackson family for more money, then I hope she is crucified. But at this time, I just don't see it.

I too feel for these kids. I wish the media would all just back off and give everyone some space.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities