Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-22-2010, 08:44 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times

Advertisements

(1980s) As I walked through the Seattle Center one morning I crossed paths with this cute couple--the only people besides me to be there at that moment. He had his arm around her shoulders and they both looked at me hard. I thought, geez, he looks like Axl Rose. I learned later that day he was in town for a Guns n Roses concert. Judging by the stories of Axl, I later took that long look to mean, "Go on, I dare you to encroach on our privacy".

Give us an I crossed paths with a celebrity story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-22-2010, 10:09 AM

8,262 posts, read 18,490,798 times
Mary Louise Parker put sun tan lotion on my back at the beach. She also hand fed me a taste of some brownies she had made. Her touching my lips gently with her fingers was very sensual! But i was a gentleman!

Old 04-22-2010, 10:18 AM

Location: Everybody is going to hurt you, you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for-B Marley
9,516 posts, read 20,010,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Mary Louise Parker put sun tan lotion on my back at the beach. She also hand fed me a taste of some brownies she had made. Her touching my lips gently with her fingers was very sensual! But i was a gentleman!
The real MLP or the blow-up variety?

Old 04-22-2010, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whyte Byrd View Post
The real MLP or the blow-up variety?
Hate to disappoint you but it was the real one. Saw her many times that summer. Wonderful young lady she was!

Old 04-22-2010, 10:52 AM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
I rode in an elevator with Liberace. Twice. He used to go to the dentist whose office was on the same corridor as my law office. I smiled and said hi, but didn't strike up a conversation, as I figured celebrities would like to be left alone sometimes - especially when they're on their way to the dentist!

My sister has seen and/or waited on some big celebs at her retail job. She works in a shopping mall that's near the Star Plaza Theatre in NW Indiana, and sometimes the celebs go to the mall to kill time. David Copperfield, Barbara Eden, Red Skelton, Joni Mitchell come to mind. And some current celebs whose names I can't recall right now.

Also, while in my office one day (building is next to Star Plaza Theatre), I looked out my 6th-floor window and saw David Copperfield's assistants walking two huge, white tigers around between the rows of cars in the parking lot! Too funny!

Old 04-22-2010, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PJ8 View Post
I rode in an elevator with Liberace. Twice. He used to go to the dentist whose office was on the same corridor as my law office. I smiled and said hi, but didn't strike up a conversation, as I figured celebrities would like to be left alone sometimes - especially when they're on their way to the dentist!

My sister has seen and/or waited on some big celebs at her retail job. She works in a shopping mall that's near the Star Plaza Theatre in NW Indiana, and sometimes the celebs go to the mall to kill time. David Copperfield, Barbara Eden, Red Skelton, Joni Mitchell come to mind. And some current celebs whose names I can't recall right now.

Also, while in my office one day (building is next to Star Plaza Theatre), I looked out my 6th-floor window and saw David Copperfield's assistants walking two huge, white tigers around between the rows of cars in the parking lot! Too funny!
Hey PJ. The Op seems to think the Capt. Has to have a blow up doll! Care to comment?

Old 04-22-2010, 11:08 AM

229 posts, read 879,408 times
Back in 1984 along with my parents I met Tina Turner at a race track in West Virginia. Sadly only about 40 of us were there for her show ( which was great BTW ). At the end of the show Tina went to all of us, shook our hands thanking us for being there for her. She was very very nice. The lack of people at her show I guess at the time they felt that Tina Turner was some old has-been and they didn't want to bother.

Then within weeks it seemed came her LP "Private Dancer" and radio started playing "What's Love Got To Do With It" and almost overnight Tina Turner had became a huge star..again.

Last edited by cathy J.; 04-22-2010 at 11:25 AM..

Old 04-22-2010, 11:19 AM

497 posts, read 1,176,844 times
Went to my local Healthtrack to work out several years ago. I get on the stationary bike and am pedaling away. The guy on the bike next to me pulls his ball cap down low over his face. It's a relatively small town and I've come to recognize faces at the gym. I don't recognize this guy nor the several guys that are very evidently with him. They stick very close to him. I get off the bike and hit the treadmill. The guy starts running the track. As he passes me, I think to myself, "Boy, that guy looks exactly like Randy Travis." He finishes his run and he and his friends leave. I never give it another thought.

Next day my hubby comes home from the gym and asks me if anything interesting happened to me when I was at the gym the day before. I think about it for a bit and tell him no. He asks me if I'm sure. I tell him there was this guy that looked like Randy Travis there. Then, it hits me. Randy was in town for the Fair. He came in to work out. One of the people that works there told my husband how focused I must be about my workouts cuz I didn't even seem to notice that Randy Travis was on the bike next to me.

Not focused....just stupid.

BTW..Randy is quite small. I always imagined him tall and slender. Very slender, but not at all tall.

Old 04-22-2010, 12:16 PM

44,369 posts, read 20,073,157 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Dan View Post
Hey PJ. The Op seems to think the Capt. Has to have a blow up doll! Care to comment?

Oh, I can vouch for the Capt. He's into real dolls, not the blow-up kind!

Old 04-22-2010, 12:19 PM

897 posts, read 1,689,353 times
I saw Morgan Freeman shopping in a Target in Marietta,Georgia about 10 years ago.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Entertainment and Arts > Celebrities