Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2012, 08:32 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yowps3 View Post
Samsung owns the majority of 4G and LTE..

All companies who use this technology pay royalties to Samsung..

If Apple uses 4G & LTE then Samsung will take action and there isn't much Apple could do..

Remember Samsung has been making telecommunication devices for a long time..
Then Apple will sue Samsung right back their own portfolio of LTE patents. Apple doesn't have as many patents, but they have gone on what appears to be a multi-billion dollar patent buying trip in order to protect the iPhone 5.

We'll have to wait for details to emerge before knowing exactly what Samsung can claim and how strong their case actually is.
Quote:
Samsung has given Apple a taste of their own medicine, they've cut supplies of Chips and electronic components that Apple rely on for the IPhone & IPad.. Let's see how well Apple will do without Samsung's high quality technology components..
Your cheerleading for Apple's doom is starting to show again...

Apple has been weakening its ties to Samsung for quite some time. iPhone 4S teardown reveals $196 cost and changes in key suppliers | VentureBeat

There's no indication that Samsung has cut supplies to Apple. In fact, it appears that Apple is the one who cut its order with Samsung in favor of diversifying its chip suppliers more. Apple cuts memory chip order to Samsung for new iPhone: source | Reuters

These companies are not stupid. Samsung isn't going to behave like a reactionary child and turn down billions in revenue just because they lost one lawsuit. Apple isn't going to compromise its ability to get the components it needs. Relying on single suppliers when you don't have to just creates an unnecessary bottleneck.

Last edited by i7pXFLbhE3gq; 09-10-2012 at 08:46 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-10-2012, 09:36 AM

1,528 posts, read 4,233,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Then Apple will sue Samsung right back their own portfolio of LTE patents. Apple doesn't have as many patents, but they have gone on what appears to be a multi-billion dollar patent buying trip in order to protect the iPhone 5.

We'll have to wait for details to emerge before knowing exactly what Samsung can claim and how strong their case actually is.
Your cheerleading for Apple's doom is starting to show again...

Apple has been weakening its ties to Samsung for quite some time. iPhone 4S teardown reveals $196 cost and changes in key suppliers | VentureBeat

There's no indication that Samsung has cut supplies to Apple. In fact, it appears that Apple is the one who cut its order with Samsung in favor of diversifying its chip suppliers more. Apple cuts memory chip order to Samsung for new iPhone: source | Reuters

These companies are not stupid. Samsung isn't going to behave like a reactionary child and turn down billions in revenue just because they lost one lawsuit. Apple isn't going to compromise its ability to get the components it needs. Relying on single suppliers when you don't have to just creates an unnecessary bottleneck.
Samsung is the one which has cut supplies to Apple.. It's just apple making a spinoff the fact to shield their stock price for today's open..

Samsung knows Apple completley relies on them, give me another supplier that is able to create such massive volume and maintain such high quality?.. Sharp, Elpida or Hynix? Don't think so.

Apple simply went wrong trying to sue everyone, wake up to reality.. They started the problem.

Old 09-10-2012, 09:47 AM
i7pXFLbhE3gq

n/a posts
Quote:
Samsung is the one which has cut supplies to Apple.. It's just apple making a spinoff the fact to shield their stock price for today's open..

Samsung knows Apple completley relies on them, give me another supplier that is able to create such massive volume and maintain such high quality?.. Sharp, Elpida or Hynix? Don't think so.

Apple simply went wrong trying to sue everyone, wake up to reality.. They started the problem.
Once again, show me some evidence.

All I see over and over and over in this thread is you flapping your gums making claims that you can't support with evidence, then ignoring evidence when others post it.

It is a fact that Apple has been diversifying its sources for years. I realize you don't like that fact, but it is a fact nonetheless.

Again, these companies are not run by reactionary children as you seem to think.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:02 PM

1,528 posts, read 4,233,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonF View Post
Once again, show me some evidence.

All I see over and over and over in this thread is you flapping your gums making claims that you can't support with evidence, then ignoring evidence when others post it.

It is a fact that Apple has been diversifying its sources for years. I realize you don't like that fact, but it is a fact nonetheless.

Again, these companies are not run by reactionary children as you seem to think.
Why would Apple diversify their suppliers? It makes absolutely no sense..

With one main supplier such as Samsung you will achieve higher volume, quality and economics of scale.. Which would allow much higher profit like what Apple currently makes and consistent quality for their products.

Good luck having all that with multiple suppliers, simple business rules.

Plus my evidence is above, take a look at the Bloomberg link.

Old 09-10-2012, 04:50 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,187 times
lte patents wont break Apple

be real with yourself..

Old 09-11-2012, 06:43 AM

4,472 posts, read 17,701,216 times
Quote:
Why would Apple diversify their suppliers? It makes absolutely no sense..

With one main supplier such as Samsung you will achieve higher volume, quality and economics of scale.. Which would allow much higher profit like what Apple currently makes and consistent quality for their products.

Good luck having all that with multiple suppliers, simple business rules.

Plus my evidence is above, take a look at the Bloomberg link.
Did you even READ your own link?!

A couple quotes:

"The iPhone maker has been diversifying its chip and display suppliers to reduce its reliance on its biggest smartphone competitor"

"Apple doesn’t like to be dependent on Samsung -- there’s no question about it"

"In addition to litigation risks, we believe Apple is trying to actively diversify their component supply away from Samsung"

So all the evidence IS pointing to the already well-known fact that APPLE decided to cut ties with Samsung and not visa-versa. You obviously don't possess the reading comprehension required to understand that since the link you provided further supports this sentiment.

Bottom line: The iPhone 5 is going to come out and just dominate the market until the holiday season is over. Apple will sell tens of millions of iPhones in the first few months alone and until speculation about the iPhone 6 is starting to bubble, the 5 will dominate the smartphone market in each segment.

I actually like Android products and was a big supporter of them early on. I believe in fair market competition and I believe the better your competitors are, the better you'll be as a company. I like what Samsung and HTC are doing with the Android interface but I feel the interfaces of the new Android phones are becoming too busy. I'm not a "widget" person, I don't need a ton of these bulky widgets filling my homepage...they make it cluttered and user-UNfriendly. The iPhone is simple and intuitive, just squared icons that direct you to your destination. I guess the .25 seconds it takes me to click an icon doesn't bother me as much as it does some.

As Android becomes more polished and more developed, they will definitely close the gap on Apple forcing Apple to re-invent the iPhone. Apple is, by nature, an innovative company so I have faith that they'd be up to the task.

Old 09-11-2012, 08:23 AM

16,548 posts, read 19,703,819 times
The fact of the matter is: the iPhone5 is playing catchup now. Apple is falling behind. They know they are.
The 5 is rumoured to finally have a bigger screen (catchup), maybe a quad core (catchup), maybe LTE (catchup).

I am losing respect for Apple.

I don't want them to fail. I like the competition. But suing your competitors to try and improve your bottom line is sketchy.

"Screen Bounce Back"?? Really? You sue over that? Weak.
Are they going to sue all the Devs that made new Android launchers with Bounceback? They should....
And the overall design patent? Apple tried to make it sound like someone COULD buy a Samsung phone thinking it was an Apple. Um... yea. Not.

Old 09-11-2012, 02:54 PM

1,027 posts, read 1,622,187 times
I love your reply lol

you sir are a typical online rambler

Old 09-12-2012, 03:11 AM

2 posts, read 1,791 times
iPhone 5 = FAIL. One size fits all = FAIL. (Too small for 65% of the market). Walled Garden = an old paradigm holding it back as the world invents new ideas the walled garden didn't foresee and won't allow. = FAIL. Lesser technical specs than phones already out and having to live with those specs for a whole year = FAIL. For the price, I expect my Apple device to be a Mercedes, not a Chevy. I've had every generation of iPhone and every Apple device they make. Guess what, Apple? I'm taking my smartphone business elsewhere. FAIL

Old 09-12-2012, 03:28 AM

2 posts, read 1,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bgNCATL View Post
To be honest with you, smartphones in general have reached a plateau.
As long as half of smartphones don't even have a user-usable file system, and the users whose smartphones DO have a file system don't even know how to use it, we're not at the plateau, we're just at the spot on the mountain where you can't see how far you are from the summit.

I'll let you think about why I say that. HINT: It means that currently, your apps are just toys, not anything of any real power.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones