Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2014, 12:45 PM

1,752 posts, read 3,754,623 times

Advertisements

Hello. I am not sure if this should go here or go directly into the Dallas forums. I am new to the DFW area and looking to decrease my cell phone bill. I have looked at Sprint and Tmobile and Boost. I don't really use my cell phone to talk (yea, I know, I know), but rather text and data. Right now I pay $88 for ATT (Iphone). As much as I like my Iphone and smart phone, I don't really use the apps. I am looking to decrease that bill, but still be able to have a phone with unlimited texting and the lease amount of minutes. I can go without a smart phone, and just "deal with" checking my email, facebook alerts etc on the computer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2014, 02:21 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,812,603 times
I would say Verizon. be sure to goto there sites and check out there coverage maps!! but I travel all over and rarely roam with Verizon. and they keep me happy

Old 02-28-2014, 02:30 PM

1,017 posts, read 1,812,603 times
and be warned there coverage maps ain't always accurate they could say you have perfect service in your area and it could just totally suck also. but iv'e been with Verizon for years and iv'e taken it all over the states and it works

Old 03-07-2014, 05:48 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,965,617 times
leadingedge,
I'm in the Houston area, and Verizon doesn't always have good coverage, oddly enough. AT&T is most reliable statewide, but TMobile gets great coverage in a lot of TX urban areas (not Houston, unfortunately). I'd try TMobile first if you want to save $$$ on your cell bill. Also, all the cell companies now have prepaid plans that will save you a bundle over contracted plans.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones