Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 09:26 PM
JL JL started this thread

8,522 posts, read 14,531,629 times

Advertisements

I am thinking about getting another phone and giving my old LG F6 to a relative. I want one that has fast internet, good camera, and battery life. Which one is better for what i want? Also , there seems to be something called a Nexus 5 D820 so not sure what that is about? The Motorola G4 has a plus version too...not sure worth buying this one? Anyone who has used both, please comment and make suggestions. I am on TMobile. I would like to make a decision by tomorrow since i plan to buy on Ebay and received a 10% Ebay bucks to use. If you have any other input as why one is better the other from experience besides my criteria that i should also consider, please provide. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-06-2016, 07:19 AM

2,360 posts, read 1,913,563 times
The nexus 5 is a 4 year old phone and got a final update to android 6.x. Google hasnt really announce that it will get 7.x but im sure it will get it via root method if not officially.

Moto g4 only 720 screen, so pictures wont be crisp and Moto been known to have crappy quality when it comes to camera specs.

If you can find one, get the 5p as it will be supported for another year or 2 by google and get updates first. I loved my nexus 6 till i shatter the screen and cost more to fix than to replace the whole phone.

Hope this answers your question.

Old 12-06-2016, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
The nexus 5 is a 4 year old phone and got a final update to android 6.x. Google hasnt really announce that it will get 7.x but im sure it will get it via root method if not officially.

Moto g4 only 720 screen, so pictures wont be crisp and Moto been known to have crappy quality when it comes to camera specs.

If you can find one, get the 5p as it will be supported for another year or 2 by google and get updates first. I loved my nexus 6 till i shatter the screen and cost more to fix than to replace the whole phone.

Hope this answers your question.
I don't see any Nexus 5P on Ebay. Did you mean Nexus 5x?

Old 12-06-2016, 08:32 PM

16,544 posts, read 19,676,557 times
I think he means 6P.
At least the Nexus 5 was almost a flagship. It was a great phone in its day unlike the G4 which is and always has been a budget phone. Not a bad phone, but a budget phone nonetheless.
A step up from your F6, surely, but you would be buying used on the Nexus. Battery life can't be great.
I can see your on a budget, so may I suggest the LG G4?
Excellent phone with a replaceable battery. Great camera. The G3 was great, too and also has a replaceable battery. If you want good battery life from an older phone, think of ones that are replaceable that were once flagships. Samsung G5, as well. But you had LG and liked it so why not stay with them?

Old 12-06-2016, 09:30 PM

yea sorry 5x is a updated version of the 5 and 6p is the updated version of the 6. If i didnt had a shatter screen, i will still keep that phone. Thing was a beast and great hardware. Very well made other than just expensive screen. Now i struck on the lg v10 and never been happer other than my nexus. I did samsung for a long time till the s6 and seems to be a never ending story with them and the choppy software they put on it.

Go with the LG for camera if you want the nokia quality. I Have a nokia 960 and great phone as a back up.

If i had a choice between google and lg.. google as im a rom and root junkie, but if im taking pics, LG be my poison.

Old 12-07-2016, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
I think he means 6P.
At least the Nexus 5 was almost a flagship. It was a great phone in its day unlike the G4 which is and always has been a budget phone. Not a bad phone, but a budget phone nonetheless.
A step up from your F6, surely, but you would be buying used on the Nexus. Battery life can't be great.
I can see your on a budget, so may I suggest the LG G4?
Excellent phone with a replaceable battery. Great camera. The G3 was great, too and also has a replaceable battery. If you want good battery life from an older phone, think of ones that are replaceable that were once flagships. Samsung G5, as well. But you had LG and liked it so why not stay with them?
I gave my old LG to my father. Thanks for suggestions. I got the LG G3 refurb on ebay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
yea sorry 5x is a updated version of the 5 and 6p is the updated version of the 6. If i didnt had a shatter screen, i will still keep that phone. Thing was a beast and great hardware. Very well made other than just expensive screen. Now i struck on the lg v10 and never been happer other than my nexus. I did samsung for a long time till the s6 and seems to be a never ending story with them and the choppy software they put on it.

Go with the LG for camera if you want the nokia quality. I Have a nokia 960 and great phone as a back up.

If i had a choice between google and lg.. google as im a rom and root junkie, but if im taking pics, LG be my poison.
I ended up with the LG G3 manufacture refurb. 118 bucks on ebay. i also had ebay bucks, so basically spent 33 bucks for it. Thanks for the suggestions!

Old 12-08-2016, 07:38 AM

Nice! You will love it. It's a really nice phone. My sister refuses to part with her still running great G3.

Old 12-08-2016, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine View Post
Nice! You will love it. It's a really nice phone. My sister refuses to part with her still running great G3.
Cool. Btw, i'm just curious to why this flip phone is still popular? Is it because this phone might be special or something? It isn't cheap for a flip phone.

NEW Kyocera Duraxe KE4710, 8GB Black (Unlocked/GSM Only) | eBay

Old 12-09-2016, 07:39 AM

Who says it's popular?
If it is I'm guessing that there are only 5 or 6 quality feature phones like that on the market. GGo to a Verizon store, they have one. lol

Old 12-10-2016, 10:01 AM

The g3 was and still is the base for the following G versions that got made after it. Think the G5 was still using the same camera drivers and lense from the g3.. Even the LG flex 2 was a G3 with a curve screen. I miss my orginal Flex thing was a beast and great phone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones