Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2018, 06:06 PM

28,803 posts, read 47,675,571 times

Advertisements

I don't think you understand.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2018, 06:16 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,572,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tek_Freek View Post
I don't think you understand.
I hope you can find the help you need.

Old 08-14-2018, 11:23 AM

I don't need any help. As I stated in an earlier post I use a device that allows me to transfer data from any phone to a computer, tablet etc. I was simply commenting on the fact that I have the same weird problem with using a usb cable that the OP does.

Old 08-14-2018, 12:33 PM

5,947 posts, read 5,467,804 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cindi Waters View Post
OK, I need to upload photos from my Coolpad cell phone to my computer, especially for ebay. I still can't figure it out entirely. Any suggestions? Or are there any message-help boards I can go to that explains the process about uploading photos to my computer? I'm not sure this is worth the time and effort, I might just what? give away all those things I want to sell on ebay. :-)
You probably need the correct driver on your computer. It is not recognizing it by default which is why nothing happens when you plug your phone into your PC.

A driver is software that will allow one device to work with another.

Another option is to use pushbullet. It's an app that runs on both your phone and your PC which allows you to share pictures, links, texts etc back and forth. I would recommend to try to install the driver first.

Do you see any messages at all when you plug phone into PC?

Which coolpad phone is it?

Download USB Drivers for Coolpad Note 3

Pushbullet - Your devices working better together

Old 08-14-2018, 01:15 PM

9,446 posts, read 6,572,039 times
Quote:
I don't need any help. As I stated in an earlier post I use a device that allows me to transfer data from any phone to a computer, tablet etc. I was simply commenting on the fact that I have the same weird problem with using a usb cable that the OP does.

sorry for the misunderstanding

Old 08-14-2018, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harpaint View Post
sorry for the misunderstanding
It happens. Trust me. I'm good at it!

Old 08-14-2018, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
You probably need the correct driver on your computer. It is not recognizing it by default which is why nothing happens when you plug your phone into your PC.

A driver is software that will allow one device to work with another.

Another option is to use pushbullet. It's an app that runs on both your phone and your PC which allows you to share pictures, links, texts etc back and forth. I would recommend to try to install the driver first.

Do you see any messages at all when you plug phone into PC?

Which coolpad phone is it?

Download USB Drivers for Coolpad Note 3

Pushbullet - Your devices working better together
I've used Photo Transfer and it works pretty good. Since I bought that adapter I stopped using PT unless I'm not carrying the adapter.

Old 08-14-2018, 01:59 PM

Quote:
I've used Photo Transfer and it works pretty good. Since I bought that adapter I stopped using PT unless I'm not carrying the adapter.
Both of the solutions I offered are free. The photo transfer software is not needed if you can do a simple copy and paste from windows explorer. In order for that to work however, you need the correct driver. I have no idea what OS or phone the OP has?

Old 08-14-2018, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gguerra View Post
Both of the solutions I offered are free. The photo transfer software is not needed if you can do a simple copy and paste from windows explorer. In order for that to work however, you need the correct driver. I have no idea what OS or phone the OP has?
Photo Transfer is free.

Quote:
Coolpad cell phone
Right in the OP.

The software you mentioned is not needed if you can do a simple copy and paste from windows explorer. Your posts are not logical.

Old 08-14-2018, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Photo Transfer is free.

Right in the OP.

The software you mentioned is not needed if you can do a simple copy and paste from windows explorer. Your posts are not logical.
Read my post again if you care to. What you call software is a driver that I described as software to make it simple for the OP to understand. I also posted a link directly to the driver for the coolpad note 3. The driver is needed to allow whatever OS she is using to interface with the phone so again she can do a COPY/PASTE. She is obviously not able to do that so there is a problem of some sort. She could also just not be noticing the notification that pops up on the phone The app I mention is called pushbullet. This is the easiest ways to tackle this. If you dont know what it is, how could you call it not logical. Also, I wasnt referring to the Photo transfer as costing anything but rather the adapter you speak of. That's not free is it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones