Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2008, 08:34 PM

40,952 posts, read 49,166,535 times

Advertisements

Costco sells a neat little blue tooth device that acts like a speaker phone and is smaller than a deck of cards. It clips on your visor & works like a champ.

My wife will also bring hers in the house and use it instead of an ear piece.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-12-2008, 09:57 AM

8,943 posts, read 11,777,950 times
It's about time.

Old 06-12-2008, 10:41 AM

11,446 posts, read 16,181,964 times
People that talk on phones while driving are inconsiderate and very often preoccupied with the conversation instead of driving. That means that they often endanger the lives of others, just to gab about nothing important. Anyone who has an important phone call can pull off the road in a safe place and talk for hours if they so desire. Driving safely requires an alert motorist, not one distracted by phones, texting, eating, or applying make-up.

Old 06-12-2008, 11:38 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,620,996 times
Good grief! Can anyone remember when it wasn't necessary to have any kind of telephone, or telephone device stuck to, (or into, which makes one look like Mr. Spock), their ear?! Don't get me wrong, I like technology, and I carry a cell phone when I go out, but I do not use it when I am driving. If someone calls, they can jolly-well wait until I get to where I am going, and then I will call them back! Maybe I'm just old-school, but I always figured that one should make one's phone calls, (as well as put one's makeup on, shave, read a newspaper or book, or any of the other nonsensical things people do behind the wheel), when one is relatively stationary, not when one is supposedly in control of, and responsible for, a motor vehicle.

Old 06-12-2008, 08:04 PM

5,297 posts, read 6,290,585 times
I'm usually pretty good at multi tasking except when it comes to driving I can't eat or talk on the phone when driving.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:24 AM

715 posts, read 2,086,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
People that talk on phones while driving are inconsiderate and very often preoccupied with the conversation instead of driving. That means that they often endanger the lives of others, just to gab about nothing important. Anyone who has an important phone call can pull off the road in a safe place and talk for hours if they so desire. Driving safely requires an alert motorist, not one distracted by phones, texting, eating, or applying make-up.
Very good points indeed. If one needs to do any of those things, they can do it without driving.

Old 06-16-2008, 08:31 AM

28,803 posts, read 47,682,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Visvaldis View Post
Agreed, but you forgot to add any mention of other people in the car. When I see this topic come up the idea of having a car full (or just one other for that matter) of people never seems to be a problem, yet I see drivers turning around and talking to some one in the back seat (usually a baby) instead of watching the road. Even if they use the rear view mirror for this they are not watching the road!

I think this is as dangerous as using a cell phone.

Old 06-20-2008, 11:12 AM

15,370 posts, read 39,103,724 times
[quote=Ivorytickler;4051388]Yes, but the rubber band will cut off the blood supply to your brain while you're driving

QUOTE]

NOPE....because most drivers have already left their brain at home

Old 06-20-2008, 05:10 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,874,311 times
I avoid calling or answering the cell phone while the vehicle is moving. It’s so easy to pull into a parking lot or side street and stop. I don’t want to be distracted and have a problem while driving. It’s good that they made a law to stop using the cell while driving; there are more accidents because of the cell phones then those drinking and driving.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Science and Technology > Cell Phones and Smartphones