Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-03-2011, 12:07 PM

232 posts, read 728,720 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

I was interested in hearing other's opinions regarding this neighborhood. The good and the bad. Do you know if there were plans to build additional pool?

Also, Belle Halle looks great on paper, just wanted to hear from other parents who have moved to MTP..and settled with this school assignment.!

Thanks so much!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 09:04 AM

547 posts, read 1,196,755 times
Do Daniel Island

Old 06-04-2011, 10:28 AM

1,125 posts, read 3,777,461 times
Daniel Island certainly is an excellent community and option for many families and individuals. I am often asked the differences between Daniel Island and Mt. Pleasant in terms of schools, convenience and cost of housing. From a test score comparison, I think that most of the Mt. Pleasant Elementary schools have higher test scores than Daniel Island Elementary. Daniel Island schools have historically carried a premium in cost over those in Mt. Pleasant and for the most part, I suspect that few Mt. Pleasant residents will travel to Daniel Island on a day to day or weekly basis while I suspect that most Daniel Island residents will visit Mt. Pleasant on a daily or weekly basis. School Digger ranks Daniel Island school 35th in the Charleston area with Thomas Pinckney Elementary rated # 8, Mt. Pleasant Academy # 11 and Belle Hall Elementary #23. There are certainly other factors to consider in selecting a public school to which to send your children, but in my opinion test scores is one of the objective ones. In addition, Wando High School is considered to be one of the best public High Schools in the State by most standards and measures used by many. Just a few factors to consider by those having school age children, costs concerns and day to day schedules and activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesposito View Post
Do Daniel Island
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area