Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-10-2012, 10:34 AM

2,625 posts, read 4,006,088 times

Advertisements

When we were researching doggie daycares for our new rescue here in MA, I was a bit horrified at the condition of some of them. Really run down, understaffed, staff not all that knowledgeable about dogs and not CPR/First Aid certified.

We finally found a great one with nice indoor and well as secure nice outdoor space, attached to a vet's office (great in case anything goes wrong during the day).

Are there any "nice" doggie daycares in Mt. Pleasant? My husband will be retired, so our dog wouldn't go that often, but would like to have the option so she can play and socialize and run a bit.

What's the going daily rate?

She's a hound, so can't ever be off leash, so I don't think a dog park is the answer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2012, 10:53 AM

1,541 posts, read 2,677,181 times
There are a TON of dog boarding facilities in MP that we researched, but Planet Bark looked the nicest to us. We haven't boarded in any of them yet because we take our beasts on vacation with us. I think when we do have to leave them behind we will be using Hound Hosters instead.
Rather than a boarding kennel your dogs go and stay in private homes. Since danes tend to not do well left alone this is the perfect solution for us.

Old 05-10-2012, 12:27 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
My friends who treat their dogs like children love Camp Bow Wow. It's not in Mt Pleasant but right over the Wando off Clements Ferry. If you're in North MP, it's pretty convenient.

Camp Bow Wow - Charleston

Old 05-10-2012, 01:13 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Rescue? From what? I'm envisioning a structure fire or overturned truck here.

Old 05-10-2012, 03:54 PM

2,625 posts, read 4,006,088 times
LOL. Too funny.

She is a "rescue" from KY. Rescued from a high-kill shelter where she and her puppy were about to be put to sleep. We are receiving thousands of dogs up here in the "north" through arrangements between rescue groups. In KY and other states, these dogs, in particular hounds, are treated as "throwaway" dogs.

http://https://picasaweb.google.com/macdebbie1/Abby

Her name is Abby and she is a Treeing Walker Coonhound - bred to "tree" racoons. It's the funniest thing. She actually tries to climb trees out on our walks. They can scale a 6' fence, so that's why we're looking for an HOA that will allow a high privacy fence.

Our dog is 3 and had never been in a house before - never seen stairs. It's amazing how trusting they are after all they have been through.

I'll check out Camp Bow Wow. We're looking for daycare, not boarding, but good to know about the boarding.

Old 05-10-2012, 04:02 PM

1,541 posts, read 2,677,181 times
Planet Bark does daycare also. Camp Bow Wow was another we really liked.
I really like hounds of all varieties, especially once they start "talking".
We have great danes, which is another breed you see a startling number of end up in rescues. I guess people are surprised when their adorable pup suddenly outweighs them, or when the medical bills start piling up.

Old 05-10-2012, 08:51 PM

5,615 posts, read 14,787,321 times
Oh, the dog pound...

Anyway I've seen at least one Camp Bow Wow Wow and I think the West Ashley vet we took the dog to (around Paul Cantrell Blvd?) watches dogs during the day too.

Old 05-20-2012, 10:08 AM

8 posts, read 14,854 times
We use My Three Dogs in Mt.P - its right on 17 near 526. We have also been to Camp Bow Wow many times but prefer My Three Dogs since its closer for us and they have a much larger outdoor play area with pools and mister's for the hot summer days.

Old 05-31-2012, 07:37 PM

3 posts, read 5,134 times
Planet Bark is great. Most of them use to give you a free day when you come in for your interview. That would give you a chance to try a couple out and compare them yourself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area