Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2007, 08:44 PM
ECX ECX started this thread

71 posts, read 275,079 times

Advertisements

Coming down with the family at the end of Oct. to tour Summerville as a possible relocation from DE.

Looking for a nice hotel that is centrally located while we tour the area.

Thanks
Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2007, 09:16 PM

2,527 posts, read 8,021,789 times
CountryInn & Suites is nice. Had some clients stay there while looking around. It's right on 26 and 17A, so it's smack dab in the middle of the shopping/restaurants.

Here's a brief list for you.

Summerville SC Hotels - Where to stay in Summerville South Carolina

Old 09-24-2007, 05:47 AM

899 posts, read 3,492,437 times
There are discounts available for Summerville's Country Inn & Suites if you need them.

Old 09-24-2007, 06:53 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,464,038 times
Hey! I'm surprised the locals didn't mention The Woodlands. It is not only a good hotel, it is one of the best in the entire WORLD-- #27 to be exact-- according to Travel & Leisure and # 2 in the entire United States. It Qualifies as and is a member of the prestigous European "Relais" organization. If memory serves, this means that they must have an OUTSTANDING CHEF! Certainly, their website indicates they have both a luxurious place to stay AND exquisite foods.

Here is a link to their website Woodlands Resort & Inn upscale accommodations and fine Dining near Charleston, South Carolina. (http://www.woodlandsinn.com/index.cfm - broken link)

I have stayed at other "Relais" hotels, the last being in the 1970's during a visit to France and England and they still stand out in my mind as being superlative! The food was mind boggling and the accomodations were unique, special and luxurious. Most of them are small hotels where the staff can focus on the details a huge resort can't. The Woodlands seems like they are all of the above. They even take pets!

Old 09-24-2007, 07:06 PM

The Woodlands, of course speaks for itself. But for simply coming to town to look around, I just figured a gorgeous hotel that starts at $230 a night might be a bit much. Certainly great for a luxurious holiday though.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:26 PM

9,101 posts, read 16,464,038 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJShymansky View Post
The Woodlands, of course speaks for itself. But for simply coming to town to look around, I just figured a gorgeous hotel that starts at $230 a night might be a bit much. Certainly great for a luxurious holiday though.
Still, if i were moving to an area, I'd want to experience it in the best light possible. That would include staying in the nicest places and eating the best food. If I could not afford to stay there, I'd AT LEAST want to know that it existed and maybe go eat there while staying at a more affordable place.

The Woodlands is a HUGE SELLING POINT for SUMMERVILLE! I don't know why it isn't being mentioned to the max! Also, the fact that President Theodore Roosevelt used to spend time there for health reasons due to the climate at certain times of the year, I think is a big seller. With THAT info, you have the illusion anyway that the town is being visited by supreme upscale world travelers as well as past Presidents and you can own a 4 bedroom home there for under $300K.

Old 09-24-2007, 07:40 PM
ECX ECX started this thread

71 posts, read 275,079 times
The woodlands is very nice, but starting at $325 per night is a bit much for us to pay while we come to town to look at neighborhoods, schools etc...

What are "must see" neighborhoods with $250k homes???

Jim3310 Where do I find "discounts for the country inn???

Old 09-24-2007, 08:18 PM

Jim's talking about the realtor discounts. Just about any realtor can get them for you. And in regards to Summerville neighborhoods to visit, be sure to see Legend Oaks, Pine Forest County Club, White Gables, Newington, Ashborough, Bridges of Summerville, and Wescott. All have listings available in the 250k-300k+ range that would certainly be worth a visit.

Old 09-24-2007, 11:27 PM

899 posts, read 3,492,437 times
Well, not any realtor can you get you that discount, that's for sure, but we can.

If I remember right, you own a paintball & skateboard shop, coming from Deleaware. Ton's of options here for those. Honestly, there are two skateboard shops worth mentioning. One is here in Summerville - it's small & the other made national news lately, they are based in Mt. Pleasant. I've been in both.

Kiteboarding is going BIG here on the shore, in case you are thinking of branching out.

I live in Summerville & I see plenty of paintball options; may be a great way to go. Probably better than grinders, but you'll know better when you get here.

PM me if you want to hook up.

Old 09-25-2007, 09:54 AM

528 posts, read 1,514,625 times
I'd also recommend Plum Creek, Reminisce, Blackberry Creek, Myers Mill, Arbor Walk, Summer Trace, and Gahagan East for viewing...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area