Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-19-2013, 07:13 PM

7 posts, read 7,080 times

Advertisements

My wife and I have two Segway i2's. It looks like we will be traveling to Raleigh, NC this fall. We have a Grandson getting married there. The date is not set at this point nor have we chosen a route. The first time I rode a Segway was in Raleigh 2 1/2 years ago on a tour with the same Grandson. When we returned home we bought two of them.

Here is why I am writing this note: When we were in that area we also went to Charleston and Savanna and took tour busses. I was fresh off the Segway tour and wished I had had a Segway in those two cities. Now that we may be there again I hope I can find a man in one or both of those cities who will ride with me and show me the sites. You do not have to own a Segway, just have an interest in them. My wife does not like to ride them. I can teach you to ride in an hour or so. This offer/request is open in other cities along our route also.

My wife likes to shop, ride the tour buses and she really likes to sew. Ideally the wife and your wife her could find common interests. We are Christian people so we do not do the night-club things nor do we drink. This is 3 to 4 months in the future, giving us plenty of time to correspond and get somewhat aquatinted. I look forward to hearing from someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 08:08 AM

If we were only visiting Charleston & Savannah it would be cheaper and easer to take tours. Sometimes the tour operators will let owners of Segways join a tour for a fee, but sometimes their Segways are specially equipped for tours. However, we plan to visit several cities so I choose to bring my own. And am looking for someone to ride the other Segway that we have at no cost.

Old 05-23-2013, 08:47 AM

3,591 posts, read 4,358,136 times
You might try here: welcome

The only people I ever see on those things are the random police or security guy.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:41 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,031,664 times
Not to be picky, but I guess I will. Savannah has an 'h' on the end of it. Otherwise you're talking about those grassland things in Africa.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:53 PM

6,219 posts, read 5,948,149 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Not to be picky, but I guess I will. Savannah has an 'h' on the end of it. Otherwise you're talking about those grassland things in Africa.
Actually, savannah is an alternate spelling for savanna:

Savanna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-23-2013, 08:06 PM

1,531 posts, read 3,102,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vasily View Post
Actually, savannah is an alternate spelling for savanna:

Savanna - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Not for Savannah, GA it isn't!

Savannah does have Segway tours, by the way.

Old 05-27-2013, 01:39 PM

Ok, I did not spell Savannah correctly, but back to the question is anybody interested in riding a Segway? Show me your very pretty city. A Segway is a great way to cover a lot of ground, but you can take time to stop if something interests you unlike being a part of a tour group. I am 73 years old so a lot of walking is a real challenge. I have toured the Garden District in New Orleans, Swope Park Zoo in Kansas City, and several local spots of interest in our area.

Last edited by SegTravler; 05-27-2013 at 02:04 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area