Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area
 [Register]
Charleston area Charleston - North Charleston - Mt. Pleasant - Summerville - Goose Creek
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-07-2013, 09:32 AM

4,280 posts, read 12,675,582 times

Advertisements

I lived in Rivertowne but I always thought if we had kids, Park West would be an ideal area. Close to the schools. Plenty of activities. A smattering of shops. No further to places we went including downtown. Convenient back way out to Clements Ferry Road to I526, I26, and shopping on Rivers Ave.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-07-2013, 11:51 AM

3,145 posts, read 5,962,514 times
It may mean a big difference to you all, but Sweetgrass is no more than 5 minutes further from downtown than the interior of PW & the less expensive neighborhoods in Bell Hall are around 7-8 minutes closer than PW to downtown. I know it seems like it's "further out" than that, but it's only a 5-10 minute difference from the "closer in" neighborhoods you're talking about.

Like I said, that may be a deal breaker for you. It's not for us. I always say, "everyone has their comfort zone".

Old 06-07-2013, 12:08 PM

817 posts, read 2,005,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalan View Post
Yep, thinking Sweetgrass & Belle Hall might be our only options closer in....
Initially my Mrs only wanted Belle Hall after seeing it.
I did not care for it.
To me it seems too isolated.. not part of MP .. which of course it is etc etc
But seemed too pigeon holed in that corner of MP.
But it is great for quicker access to downtown etc.

Plus I like the MP Rec Ctr at PW better for our son and their college level track for my the Mrs who ran on her countries national track team.

A LOT of places are great... it simply needs to appeal to what your interests, desires are.

When I first came here 4+ yrs ago to scout around............ as people know.
I put my camcorder on my cars dashboard and drove ALL over MP.... drive in, around, through every section (missed Snee Farms I realized when I left) but hit EVERY residential living area and shopping etc.. and video the entire driving and narrated the video (was a few hours long) so my Mrs back home can get a feel for MP and simply from that she started negating as well as having desires for places.

Why I tossed that in... no idea.. sorry...........
But simply plenty of places are GREAT if not all of it...
Just check it all out as I did and as anyone would

Old 06-07-2013, 12:38 PM

2,625 posts, read 4,015,075 times
Thanks. I'm not as concerned about the distance as hubby.... Working on him.

Great idea - the camcorder - we saw @ 20 developments last trip out plus Summerville, Carnes Crossroads, West Ashley, Johns Island, Daniel Island, & the Retreat at Beresford. After a while they all start to blend together.

Just curious - what didn't you like about Belle Hall? Just the location?

Old 06-07-2013, 01:17 PM

817 posts, read 2,005,383 times
they all blend in ....true
THAT is why I video each place and had hours of video
I shot the entrance signs to the development and narrated it as well as I said.. so came back and had complete remembrance of each place

Belle Hall as I said was pigeon holed to me... sitting in the upper corner of MP
And it seemed 'weird' to me... had a weird feeling... not Stepford Wives as so many areas are called.. it seems ... umm... I forgot the movie......... the old one where aliens came down and planted PODS and inside were replica's of people in the area.. I forgot the name.......... old b/w famous movie and remade with Donald Sutherland.

The area seemed 'sterile' that was it.. seemed too sterile.
Seemed each neighbor was in each neighbors business and would report you or something.. it was weird

But THAT IS ALL ME.... that is all

Was just a weird feeling

Then I showed her PW and she said quickly........ this is it

Rivertowne was only back-up

Ahhhh Invasion Of The Body Snatchers was the movie

Old 06-07-2013, 01:23 PM

3,256 posts, read 5,283,582 times
Macalan - I think Belle Hall is perfect for you after reading your needs over and over throughout the year... very close to grocery, CVS Drugstore and tons of other stuff like Pawley's Front Porch (yummy burgers). Hop on 526 to quickly get to the vet and other parts of mp.

Old 06-07-2013, 01:55 PM

4,280 posts, read 12,675,582 times
I had friends that lived in Belle Hall and it seemed when we visited them, we were leaving Mount Pleasant........LOL

Old 06-07-2013, 02:34 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,044,199 times
Funny because for some of my sons' friends that live in Park West, they feel like they are 'leaving' Mt. Pleasant when they go south of IOP. For us -- we feel like we are 'leaving' Mt. Pleasant when we go north of Six Mile.

I'm sure the folks in the Old Village feel none of it is Mt. Pleasant except where they live.

Old 06-07-2013, 02:49 PM

8,237 posts, read 13,525,831 times
There is a poster on here by the name of "beachme"...if I remember correctly she had a lot of knowledge of PW and is also a realtor. You can get to her profile using the search feature here.

Old 06-07-2013, 03:12 PM

52 posts, read 63,038 times
hey michael, did you rent before buying?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Carolina > Charleston area